Mills Cab / Awesome Wifey / CSB Content

zeusecho

• Members

So the wifey texts me today...

You have to come home to help me get this Mills Cab out of the van. :eek::love::thu:

I'm like...wut...GTFO...LOL

She's like...no I'm serious I got it for $750...yes she is freaking awesome!!!

Background...two new Mills cabs have been at the Sam Ash near me for at least the last six months priced at $1199. I kept saying since November I was going wait till I got my bonus and then go offer them $800 for one because they obviously aren't selling. So she goes in tonight and sees that they are marked $899. She tells the dude she's only got $800 so he sells it to her for $750 to keep it under $800 with the tax.

Morale of the story

• Members

This. Definitely get that woman something nice.

Yeah I've gotta think of something good to get her.

Just to be clear with everyone it's not about the money...I only mentioned that because it's a great deal and there's another one there to be had.

I think she is awesome just for also being excited about gear! :thu:

• Members

HNCD!! I haven't had the pleasure of playing one. They cost much too much to get here, north of the border.

Like all the reviews online, it's tight, clear and has swirley 3D kinda sound...effin awesome!

• Members

Wives/GF's can be cool at times.

Mine bought me a Custom Audio Electronics Boost/Line Driver

She also persuaded me to buy my Les Paul Custom.

She bought me some picks too.

Not the ones I usually use, so I was a bit like, Ugghh...

But I'll be buggered if they aren't a {censored} load better than the Jazz III's I was using. :)

:love:

• Members

Congrats man! My wife has been toying around with buying me a new guitar for like the last 2 years but hasn't quite been able to afford it due to us saving up for a new house. It'll happen eventually.. either that or a new amp.

the problem though is that I'm so picky when it comes to guitars, it makes it hard for her to know what to get so it won't truly be a ZOMG! surprise. now... on the other hand if I came home one afternoon and there was a Cameron CCV or Frideman Marsha sitting there....

It's nice to know though that she's at least wanting to do that for me. There's really nothing that I know of that I can buy her that would be an equivalent that I could surprise her with though so I kinda feel guilty about it. I know she'd go nuts with excitement if she came home and there was a big new rug in the dining area or something but she's even pickier with home decor than I am with guitars sooo..

Archived