Ot: Almost NAD and first bicycle ride of the season

stompboxfreak72

• Members
Rode 25 miles today in a headwind. I cannot wait to throw up . My legs.....I feel them not. I have stomach cramps and my lungs are burning.

On that note.....off to check out a used 6505+ listed on my local CL so N(used)AD should commence shortly as long as my legs can make it.

Awesome ride man! I'm gonna get home and ride mine down to the local shop for a good spring tuneup. Hopefully it stays nice next week!

Hope you can get the 6505+ too. :thu:

• Members

I bought a Trek SU200 a few months ago with the intent of losing weight and building cardio, but until recently it's been too {censored}ty to ride in Nashville. I'm what is known in the bicycling community as a "Clydesdale", so it isn't easy getting back on 2 wheels that aren't powered by gasoline!

• Members
I bought a Trek SU200 a few months ago with the intent of losing weight and building cardio, but until recently it's been too {censored}ty to ride in Nashville. I'm what is known in the
bicycling community as a "Clydesdale",
so it isn't easy getting back on 2 wheels that aren't powered by gasoline!

:lol:

Yeah, I used to be a scrawny lil hill climbing fool. Then I was lazy for like 10 years. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

• Members

I can't wait for the weather here to stabilize so I can start riding to work. My round trip will be around 10 miles per day....nothing compared to some of you guys...but damn I am out of shape and it made me hurt in ways I haven't for a long time.

I am currently riding a Tommaso Monza....it is pretty good for my starter road bike....

Cole

• Members

I've been riding all winter. 1.5 miles per day on a BMX bike, hehe.

Hell of a lot tougher than me....There have a been a few good days, but it was too dark for me to ride when I got off work....the rode I would ride on absolutely blows for traffic.

Cole

• Members

Hell of a lot tougher than me....There have a been a few good days, but it was too dark for me to ride when I got off work....the rode I would ride on absolutely blows for traffic.

Cole

I only ride for commuting purposes. I run to keep from turning into a fatty.

• Members

I plan on using it for both commuting and weight loss. I would run but I busted my ankle bad enough a couple of years that required surgery.....and now it seems that the impact of running pisses it off. Swells up like a grapefruit.......biking is a lot easier on it.

Cole

• Members

I bought a Cannondale Caad 9 last June. Went 1300 miles between June 10th and September 15th. Lost 22 pounds. I gained almost 10 pounds back over the winter which sucked but I plan on riding a whole lot more this summer.

Im gonna hurt tomorrow though. I mean hurt. I have a bike trainer but climb a few hills and all that bike trainer stuff is not worth a {censored} when it comes to the pain of climbing.

Weather here sucks but hoping to sneak in a few more rides this month. Today was 60 degrees and I was sweating my arse off.

• Members

I bought a Cannondale Caad 9 last June. Went 1300 miles between June 10th and September 15th. Lost 22 pounds. I gained almost 10 pounds back over the winter which sucked but I plan on riding a whole lot more this summer.

Im gonna hurt tomorrow though. I mean hurt.
I have a bike trainer but climb a few hills and all that bike trainer stuff is not worth a {censored} when it comes to the pain of climbing.

Weather here sucks but hoping to sneak in a few more rides this month. Today was 60 degrees and I was sweating my arse off.

Oh man, I hear ya. I've only been using the trainer for about 5 weeks and went out for a real ride of 10 miles. I thought I was gonna die. :lol:

Didn't help that the wind was pushing me going out and in my face coming back. I can't wait til its warm enough often enough to get out daily.

• Members

Just got a pretty decent bike a few weeks ago, this week was the first i could ride it. It may be quite a while till I speak of miles. I think it will be a bit easier when the dirt dries out though, it is pretty darn soft right now. I am hoping to lose some weight and get enough endurance to do some off-road touring this summer.

• Members

Rode 25 miles today in a headwind. I cannot wait to throw up . My legs.....I feel them not. I have stomach cramps and my lungs are burning.

On that note.....off to check out a used 6505+ listed on my local CL so N(used)AD should commence shortly as long as my legs can make it.

:lol:

• Members

That is cool. Can't wait until we move. Having a bike trail in our "back yard" will be awesome!

Yep, that is where I have been riding this week, unfortunately I cannot finish but maybe 1/10th of a loop yet before my legs die. It doesn't help that I am old and have been way too sedentary the last several years.

• Members

I am ready to get biking again! I dont have a fancy bike, it is a schwinn road bike, i got it last year for $200, and i love it. I have no idea how good it is compared to the good bikes, but it is my first road bike and i like it much more than any other bike i have ever had!

• Members

I am ready to get biking again! I dont have a fancy bike, it is a schwinn road bike, i got it last year for $200, and i love it. I have no idea how good it is compared to the good bikes, but it is my first road bike and i like it much more than any other bike i have ever had!

The price doesn't matter. Its all how much ya ride. :thu:

I put so many more miles on my "starter" bikes than I have on the nice ride I have now. :(

That's why this year I'm changing that!

• Members

That is cool. Can't wait until we move. Having a bike trail in our "back yard" will be awesome!

I want a house on the Towpath so bad it's unreal. Runs from Cleveland to Akron and is 100 miles one way now I think....something close to it. I took a 50 mile ride on it last summer. It was awesome.

Lots of places to bike in Columbus. Personally Im trying to get my wife to move to Florida just so I can bike all year round. How selfish I am.

• Members

Oh snap.... bought the 6505+ tonight for $550. Only 1 minor tolex ding and tubes only have 7 hours on them. Seller was cool as balls and had the original receipt...he paid $1199 at GC less than 2 years ago. He had an FJA modded 6505+ and a 5150 so this one was collecting dust.

I have a delay pedal that cost almost as much as this amp. I'll get to put it through its paces tomorrow.......if I can stand up after that bike ride.

• Members

HNAD dude!!! Killer {censored}ing amp. Great price!! I thought I got a good deal on mine at 600 with no FS lol.

Seller has the matching 4x12 cabinet also. He said I could take it for $175. I did not only b/c I dont want a 4x12 and I have a Mesa 2x12 that should be fine with the 6505+ ( I hope). He had no other potential buyers so I can always go back for it but I doubt I will.

Archived