Craigslist lulz - this guy is mad... lol

Boris the Blade

• Members

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/msg/2320655605.html

Here was my posting:

1970 fender stratocaster in a hard case, very nice guitar, make offer as I do not know much about them.

also, a gold colored Gibson Les Paul from about the same time.

and a wood guitar by Martin that says model 000, a small one, probably not worth much, but it has a case too. it looks plain, but no scratches and is not so old as the others.

I got lots of repsonses, soIi WENT AND GOT THEM APPRAISED this morning at a guitar store that knows these items.

I was told the 1970 Fender Stratocaster, in mint shape with hard case , was worth at least $1200

The gold colored Gibson Les Paul, I was told is a "Goldtop" and was 1971 original and worth $2500, it too is in perfect condition.

And last , the Martin guitar was a Eric Clapton signature model, in like new condition, worth $1000

So, it seems that all the offers I got, which were numerous, had to be from people who KNEW what I had. The offers were from $100 to the most $300 per guitar.

All I have to say, WHAT NERVE OF YOU PEOPLE!

Not a single person let me know what they were really worth,.

I have decided to keep them for my grand children and let them have them when they get a little older.

I will NEVER try using this Craigslist again, as I did not realize how dishonest people were.

Here are some of the offers:

richietx@gmail.com

I'll give you $500 cash for both guitars, or $250 a piece if still available.

Bob

I'll pay $200 each. Sight unseen

capendleton2000@yahoo.com

I can offer 100$ for the fender strat withou seeing please send me some pics

Ryan ryanmatthew_s@yahoo.com

Hi, I don't know much myself- I am a retired man and have always wanted to play the guitar - sight unseen I can pay 300 dollars for them all - I can later find me an amplifier - Please replay with a contact person and number

frankrdiaz@gmail.com

This is just SOME of the many "offers". $4000 worth of guitars and people offering $300!!

No wonder people say to STAY AWAY from Craislist. You people out to be ashamed of yourselves and I hope other people send you emails now and condemn you.

:love:

• Members

So let me get this straight, your mad because you posted your {censored} on craigslist without knowing the value of said items, and people tried to take advantage of that? LOL. You need to grow up and fast. Its a dog eat dog world out there and with this kinda attitude your not going to last.

EDIT: Reading fail on my part. LOL

• Members

So let me get this straight, your mad because you posted your {censored} on craigslist without knowing the value of said items, and people tried to take advantage of that? LOL. You need to grow up and fast. Its a dog eat dog world out there and with this kinda attitude your not going to last.

It wasn't his post dude. Someone else posted that.

• Members

Look, buyer beware but at the same time, a seller is responsible for setting his own prices. If he considered those offers, that is his issue.

Of course, I couldn't in good faith purchase a $2k guitar for $100 without letting the person know that they could in fact get a whole lot more, but that's just how I feel about it.

• Members

Look, buyer beware but at the same time, a seller is responsible for setting his own prices. If he considered those offers, that is his issue.

Of course, I couldn't in good faith purchase a $2k guitar for $100 without letting the person know that they could in fact get a whole lot more, but that's just how I feel about it.

That because your a good guy, but lets face it, a lot of people out there aren't.

• Members

In the late 80s, the uneducated (where I lived) were the pawnshops who bought instruments at 15-25% of what they resold them for. And they still made their $$$. The other thing this reminds me of is garage sales. If someone were really selling a guitar that was in the attic for the past 40 years for $50, they shouldn't whine when they later find out it was worth $2k.

All I can say is "Thank God for Antique Roadshow".

• Members

Craigslist is full of a bunch of cheap {censored}s. I had a set of lightweight high performance wheels that I put up on CL for $175. 4 of them in very good condition for that price, they only had maybe 1,000 miles on them. Each wheel alone is worth $120ish new, not including the shipping costs. So I would have thought that $175 for all 4 of them would have been a great deal. I would have taken $150 minimum.

I think the highest offer I got for all 4 of them was $50. One ricer showed up in his McDonald's uniform and wanted to buy all of them for $30.

Selling {censored} on CL is {censored}ing ridiculous, especially if it's anything of relative high value. Anything with more than a $500 value is just not worth it selling there. Selling CD's, DVD's, video games, and cheap Squire guitars? Yeah, that would work.

• Members

I like how the apraisals from the Music store are also low balled.
:cop:

No {censored}. An Eric Clapton Martin for $1000? They sell for over $3K new.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Martin-00028EC-Eric-Clapton-Signature-Acoustic-Guitar?sku=514784

That guy was definitely trollin'.

Why would decide to get them appraised after getting offers of $300?

Archived