tell me about the BKP Aftermath Bridge Pickup

Johansolo

• Members

one has popped up used at a good price and im considering all types of (covered) pickup to replace the bridge HFS in my PRS Alderbody w/maple top bolt on CE24 PRS

st_aftermath.jpg

is this pickup suited more towards the aggressive/tight/low end/metal tones or can it do more?

the guitar is in D flat Standard or Drop C# and is my guitar for more heavier styles of playing.

• Members

the guitar the pigs are in is a mahogany body, maple neck through w/rosewood board.

in a month or so, i'll be trying both the pigs and the AMs in an alder body, maple neck through w/ebony board. i'm really curious about how much of a difference the woods are going to make in terms of which pup sounds best.

i really hope that one set of pups will suit each guitar so i can quit buying/trading them so much :lol:

• Members

+1 on the Warpig, still no interest to try anything else.

+1 on the Pig my favorite BK so far the aftermath was a huge disappointment for myself it sounded weak like i had my gain set at 3 hopefully it works out for you i had mine in mahogany.

• Members

yeah, the poles on the AM are adjustable too.

that's far too much tweaking for my tastes, though.

yeah its just that i prefer the aftermath with the poles completly on level with the base, in my experience that is the best sound(in my alder baritone 6),2.5 mm from the strings....on the warpig i like the bridgeward poles about 1 mm raised, the neckwards a tad less...then the highest about 3 mm from the strings,this on either the alder or an all maple baritone , the difference is not subtle to my ears and i have played with that for a long time

Archived