crate - love em OR hate-em!!! a good deals a good deal!!

lumpy555

• Members

today i bumbled into the local used instrument store and,A CRATE 2X12 EXT. CAB,black carpet,and the white plastic crate logo. heavey basdid! 60.00!! then a quick glance to my right,A CRATE G160SC AMPHEAD!! black carpet,white plastic crate logo!! these pieces came in at 2-different times,they took the cab in yesterday. i m guessin the gear is about 1989-1992s! the sales dude says 150.00 out da door. both of em. i said 50.00 fer the cab,he says NO! me thinks i gotta get it,and keep my eyes peeled fer a crate vintage club tube head fer me bluesy,tube amp sounds,and the 160sc solid stater will mimmick the coveted ampeg vh-140c s.s. metalzzz tonezz!! the cab also says GS2X12 70-watts. does that mean 70-watts eack spkr? or a combined 70-watts,35x35=70watts? WOULD YOU BROS. PULL DA TRIGGER? :poke:

• Members

today i bumbled into the local used instrument store and,A CRATE 2X12 EXT. CAB,black carpet,and the white plastic crate logo. heavey basdid! 60.00!! then a quick glance to my right,A CRATE G160SC AMPHEAD!! black carpet,white plastic crate logo!! these pieces came in at 2-different times,they took the cab in yesterday. i m guessin the gear is about 1989-1992s! the sales dude says 150.00 out da door. both of em. i said 50.00 fer the cab,he says NO! me thinks i gotta get it,and keep my eyes peeled fer a crate vintage club tube head fer me bluesy,tube amp sounds,and the 160sc solid stater will mimmick the coveted ampeg vh-140c s.s. metalzzz tonezz!! the cab also says GS2X12 70-watts. does that mean 70-watts eack spkr? or a combined 70-watts,35x35=70watts? WOULD YOU BROS. PULL DA TRIGGER? :poke:

Translator please?

• Members

i have one of them too. very solid cabs

It's probably the only thing I think crate put out worth a {censored} though. :lol:

I had a matching 120BVH at one point as well, what a {censored}ty sounding amp.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
I love my crate cab. They don't make them anymore but it's the blue voodoo cab that shipped stock with vintage 30s.

Thing is built like a tank.

Those are awesome!
I'd rock one!

I mean..hell, If I won the lotto I'd run a Diezel with a Crate Blue Voodoo cab just to piss everybody off!:lol:

Archived