APOCALYPSE!! Everyone got their bug out bags ready?

NixerX

• Members

If {censored} starts going down, Im gonna see how many people I can kill in an hour, then try to beat that record in the second hour, and so on. Eventually, some one is bound to kill me. Ill be using a sword lol.

• Members

If {censored} starts going down, Im gonna see how many people I can kill in an hour, then try to beat that record in the second hour, and so on. Eventually, some one is bound to kill me. Ill be using a sword lol.

I have a 9mm, 100 hollow point rounds, a 12 gauge shotgun, deer slugs, and a broadsword. I'm ready, bishes.

• Members

You know what I predict will happen?

Absolutely nothing. Not even a whisper, just disappointment.

Not to mention the fact that we've only got a few hours until we get hit with the international dateline...is it going to be May 21st at 12 am central time?

:facepalm:

• Members

You know what I predict will happen?

Absolutely nothing. Not even a whisper, just disappointment.

Not to mention the fact that we've only got a few hours until we get hit with the international dateline...is it going to be May 21st at 12 am central time?

:facepalm:

I think the dude said it was supposed to be 5/21 at 6pm. I am wondering if 6pm is GMT or what? I don't think this prediction will be big or have any effect on people. I do think that the 12/21/2012 prediction will have a bunch of people scared {censored}less.

• Members

I think the dude said it was supposed to be 5/21 at 6pm. I am wondering if 6pm is GMT or what? I don't think this prediction will be big or have any effect on people. I do think that the 12/21/2012 prediction will have a bunch of people scared {censored}less.

Thats even more stupid...thats not the date the Mayan calendar ends...The Mayan calendar is cyclical...its the supposed date that the calendar resets...

• Members

Meh, ain't gonna happen anytime soon:o The rapture being predicted down to the hour based on bible passages is flawed in itself. I mean,the guy is getting his math from a book that says the earth is only 6000 years old:facepalm:

• Members

Thats even more stupid...thats not the date the Mayan calendar ends...The Mayan calendar is cyclical...its the supposed date that the calendar resets...

It is stupid. But the fact that it is so much more publicized will get that date a lot of attention.

• Members

yeah, I wouldn't be surprised by some isolated looting/rioting on 12/21/12

• Members

Meh, ain't gonna happen anytime soon:o The rapture being predicted down to the hour based on bible passages is flawed in itself. I mean,the guy is getting his math from a book that says the earth is only 6000 years old:facepalm:

And it's coming from people who don't believe that dinosaurs existed.

• Members

Nowhere in the bible does it say the earth is 6000 years old,secondly I dont know one {censored}ing christian that thinks dinosaurs never existed.

if you consider the creation story to be a LITERAL iteration of 7 days, you can follow a timeline that would put the earth around 6k years. Of course, people argue that a word-for-word literal interpretation of the bible is mandatory if you believe in the sovereignty of God...to which I respond "He's God. He doesn't have to do things the way YOU want them to be done in order to be sovereign."

Anyway, the whole situation just curdles me in a very serious way.

• Members

if you consider the creation story to be a LITERAL iteration of 7 days, you can follow a timeline that would put the earth around 6k years. Of course, people argue that a word-for-word literal interpretation of the bible is mandatory if you believe in the sovereignty of God...to which I respond "He's God. He doesn't have to do things the way YOU want them to be done in order to be sovereign."

Anyway, the whole situation just curdles me in a very serious way.

People who say {censored} like that fail to recognize that the bible was written by MEN, not God. They hate when you bring that {censored} up.

• Members

Nowhere in the bible does it say the earth is 6000 years old,secondly I dont know one {censored}ing christian that thinks dinosaurs never existed.

There's some way of tracing timelines and blood lines in the bible that gave some researchers an age of about 6000-6500 of the earth. Of course, this is the same math thats used to predict the rapture.

I'm not dogging Christians here, just the people that take the bible WAAAAYYYY too literally. A religious text taken to literally can be a dangerous thing. Just look at the Islamic extremists:o

Anywho, world ain't endin' this Saturday:thu:

• Members

A lot of Christians believe, apparently having not thought about it very hard, that the earth is 6000 years old and dinosaurs existed. My parents used to be among them, or at least they used to tell me that while hoping I wouldn't realize they couldn't both be true.

• Members

People who say {censored} like that fail to recognize that the bible was written by MEN, not God. They hate when you bring that {censored} up.

Well, I take small issue with that. The bible is considered divinely inspired, meaning that regardless of who put pen to paper, they are the words of God. Assuming you actually believe the God of the bible is "God", you would similarly have to believe that His Word is His Word. If God didn't have the sovereignty to make sure His book was complete and correct, He sure wouldn't be much of a God then, would he?

Now having said that, it doesn't mean that it's literal. Every sermon Jesus taught was taught in parables (stories, metaphor).

• Members

If the heavens and earth were created 11,013 BC accoridng to Christians I don't see how any of this includes the dinos since they were around about 65 million years ago.

• Members

A lot of Christians believe, apparently having not thought about it very hard, that the earth is 6000 years old and dinosaurs existed. My parents used to be among them, or at least they used to tell me that while hoping I wouldn't realize they couldn't both be true.

This. A museum has even been opened. In my home state, of course.

http://creationmuseum.org/about/

Archived