Whatever happened to the Jet city 100 HDM?

bengerm77

• Members

They just switched distributors. The new distributor hasnt gotten a lot of models in stock yet , but they are a HUGE distributor and when they do get stock , they will have plenty on hand to keep dealers stocked as well. Production is slow but it will catch up shortly

• Members

I still prefer the original version though!

Why? My understanding is that the HDM is the exact same thing but with the half power switch and the depth control, but is the actual circuit different? I'm still in the research process for my potential next amp.

• Members

Why? My understanding is that the HDM is the exact same thing but with the half power switch and the depth control, but is the actual circuit different? I'm still in the research process for my potential next amp.

The addition of a half power switch and depth control necessitate a different "actual circuit".

:thu:

• Members

To me it sounds a little more compressed, its definitely not as open as the original.

• Members

They use different OTs for the original and the HDM so that may be one of the reasons they sound different.

The HDM is definitely a bit more compressed and not as loud as the original (but definitely still loud enough - it's a 100w amp after all)

Archived