so I picked up a Krank Krankshaft overdrive over the weekend.............

Sordid1

• Members

I have always been a bit anti Krank because of the way they started out but this is my favorite Tube Screamer type of pedal I have ever tried! Nice and warm, keeps a decent amount of lows, and just breathes like nobody's business on chords! It's every bit as good as my Wilson Effects Overdrive and to my ears sounds better than my MXR Classic OD, Bad Monkey or the dozen or so Ibanez Tube Screamers I have owned. I even like it better than the Maxon OD8. Anyway, if you can get past the cosmetics this is one sick tubescreamer!

• Members

Krank products aren't nearly as bad as what you hear about here. Not everyone's cup of tea but I think their stuff is solid.(the pedals and tube amps anyway, never tried their SS amps.)

I agree Gary, the pedal is built like a tank and sounds brilliant. I have played a couple of the Revolution heads in the past and they sounded nice, especially the clean channels.

• Members

Agreed! It's one of my pieces of gear that I won't part with! Sounds bad ass for boosting amps too!

That's primarily how I'm using it. Killer as an od too but with either of my amps for a boost it. Absolutely kills.

• Members

That's primarily how I'm using it. Killer as an od too but with either of my amps for a boost it. Absolutely kills.

:thu: No shit, man...this thing boosts very well! I've tried it on a handful of amps and had some kickass results with them!

• Members

right on Sordid. I've been using a Krankshaft since last year. Highly under rated. A great OD pedal

I saw it at the shop and tried it on a whim. Within a minute i knew it was going to be mine.

Archived