great clean channel on a head??

seth-ep

• Members

welll, i want something warm and fat and with playing dynamics but with alot of clean headroom, not really going for skinny clean or VERY compressed, just a bit, i need it to work well with my 5150, not looking for a lot of contrast on that territory

what pickups are you using, and what cabinet?

• Members

what pickups are you using, and what cabinet?

check the OP, i want your opinion of whats YOUR FAVORITE, not 100% sure of what i want (i wouldnt be askin if i knew which route to go) thats why im asking for suggestions, NOT really trying to IDENTIFY MY DREAM CLEAN tone here, i dont really have one to be honest (as far as i know) im a brutal-technical death metal guitarrist, my main goal is achieved with my current setup, i need the clean tone for experimantation with my band. my current cab's are on my signature, im not spending money on a cab just for cleans, its not my top priority, ill rather get a mesa 4x12 for my 5150.

• Members

I'm not really a fan of Mesa clean tones, ESPECIALLY the Recto, but that depends on what you're playing I guess. I loved the cleans on my Carvin V3, and I've played a Legacy, same thing. I've owned a few Riveras that had stellar cleans.

v3 same as legacy..... , i really liked the legacy when i tried it, hmmm ive heard v3 micro is like the big one, might need to consider that one as well...

• Members

My favorites for under a grand so far have been a vintage 70's x100b Carvin, A fender bassman, and an Ampeg v4. The Carvin Legacies are great as well. Another option is the new higher wattage Tweakers coming out soon, I have been very happy with the clean channel on my 15 watt so far.

• Members

yeah carvin clean is nice from my experience, ampeg v4?? ill need to research on that one.

any idea when the new tweakers will be available?? the 15 watt is definately one the best clean tones ive heard :love:

• Members

thanks everybody :)

ill get any carvin of those mentioned or the peavey classic 50, depends on availability and price, and save some money for my mesa recto 4x12 :thu:

looks like there really is love for the carvin/peavey clean, and any of those will be very nice for extra textures with a clean on my work, once i get my 4x12 ill consider getting a cab just for the clean sound recording, but ill have to sell what i currently have of course...

Archived