Where do you dudes buy your ammo?

gsxrbusa

• Members

I've been here since 2004. When this place was good. When most threads on the forum were about amps.. thus I came here for advice, wisdom and general discussions regarding amps. When threads like "look at Kim Kardashian's butt lol!" threads weren't the norm. Whatever.

Get off my lawn.

It shouldn't.

I've been here since 2005 (and lurked before that) and there was still TONS of off-topic talk back then. :poke:

• Members

Due to my location ATM... they have MASSIVE "flea markets" here and there. One can normally find ANYTHING including decent wholesale ammo for cheap. Its not top of the line brass and such but its clean and fairly reliable.

• Members
That is a good question...I do it with my dad and we inherited our presses from my grandpa who had a nice multi stage press for both shotgun and rifle/handgun and a good set of calibers. Since then we have nearly doubled our die sets. I'd say overall we're about 2k into it.

Damn man, I bet it's really good quality equipment being that old. I have a friend that re loads and has offered. Maybe I should take him up on it and learn how to do it. Just finding the time to do it......work, kids,kids baseball, metal band, actually playing guitar, wife. (in no particular order) All take up huge time. :lol: Not that I would have it any other way.

• Members

Last time I had that question, I got a really good answer from a firearm forum that was made for discussions about such things. Surprising, really. On a forum specifically geared toward guitar amps, experts are also typically not available on subjects such as:

-how to make balloon animals

-yo-yo tricks

-tractor repairs

-cobblery

-dos and don'ts of bicycle frame design

-DIY plumbing

-the basics of suspension bridge construction

-AND MANY MORE

Seriously what. Why.

The only time you ever post on here is when you complain about off topic posts. Go eat a bag of dicks and find a new forum if you hate this place so much, {censored}face.

• Members
Look here for some crazy rounds bro....if you feel like ordering that is. I would get either rhodesian jungle or pitbull rounds

http://www.americanspecialtyammo.com/12_Gauge.html

:lol:
Detonator
A deep hollow slug for loading cumbustible materials. load your own formula or ours. The explosive tip DETONATES ON IMPACT
NOT AVAILABLE IN New York City; All of California; Cook County, IL; D.C.; MA; all of Alaska; all of Flordia and All of Hawaii
Price: $14.99

• Members

Look here for some crazy rounds bro....if you feel like ordering that is. I would get either rhodesian jungle or pitbull rounds

Hey brother. I joined up with a new band about a week and a half ago. I don't think I told you. It's going really good, can't wait for you to hear it. We practice closer to your place too. Kinda by my work.

• Members

I am too lazy. What does does the initial star up cost to start re loading? The press and all the equipment required.

My stuff was handed down to me by my father. I gots no idea what it would cost to set up. The accuracy is soooo much better that I'd still do it even if it cost more than store bought ammo.

• Members

Hey brother. I joined up with a new band about a week and a half ago. I don't think I told you. It's going really good, can't wait for you to hear it. We practice closer to your place too. Kinda by my work.

Nice lemme know your schedule. Im on mornings for a little while then switch to afternoons and will have wed,thu's off.

• Members
My stuff was handed down to me by my father. I gots no idea what it would cost to set up. The accuracy is soooo much better that I'd still do it even if it cost more than store bought ammo.

Very cool man. :thu: Some pretty cool stuff to hand down.

• Members
Nice lemme know your schedule. Im on mornings for a little while then switch to afternoons and will have wed,thu's off.

Cool brother, will let you know. It is starting from the ground up so it will take a little time. The drummer and guitarist left their other band to start this project, right after they put an album out! :lol: Should come together prettty quick, they are motivated and want to playing out rather quick.

• Members

I load my own as well. Its a fun hobby but there is a bit of a start up cost that varies on what kind of press you want. Honestly, the best retail prices on ammo is Walmart. 9mm runs about 20$ per 100 and .45 auto runs about 35$ hundred if you get the winchester value boxes.

I concur. So far the best place cost-wise is Wal-Mart. I'm still just shooting target rounds so the cheapo Winchester boxes do just fine. After I hit 1k rounds on my XD-9 I'll start broadening my ammo selection.

• Members

RCBS has a kit for around $250 that includes the famous Rockchucker single stage press, and everything else you need to get started (including a Speer #13 reloading manual) minus the dies. You'll probably end up getting a different powder measure, but that press will last 5 lifetimes. I would recommend starting out with a single state press...even if you move on to a progressive press, you'll still end up using the single stage for smaller batches, odd calibers, or just de-priming brass.

I started with a Redding single stage before I got my Dillon 550, and I still use the Redding all the time.

• Members

On a forum specifically geared toward guitar amps, experts are also typically not available on subjects such as:

-how to make balloon animals

-yo-yo tricks

-tractor repairs

-cobblery

-dos and don'ts of bicycle frame design

-DIY plumbing

-the basics of suspension bridge construction

-AND MANY MORE

Seriously what. Why.

But you CAN get expert advice on all aspects of blimp design.

• Members

RCBS has a kit for around $250 that includes the famous Rockchucker single stage press, and everything else you need to get started (including a Speer #13 reloading manual) minus the dies. You'll probably end up getting a different powder measure, but that press will last 5 lifetimes. I would recommend starting out with a single state press...even if you move on to a progressive press, you'll still end up using the single stage for smaller batches, odd calibers, or just de-priming brass.

I started with a Redding single stage before I got my Dillon 550, and I still use the Redding all the time.

Thanks for the info man. I will look into it. Re loading seems like the logical choice if I plan on stock piling.

Archived