Custom machined parts?

u6crash

• Members

I've been toying with the idea of building a custom one-off guitar for myself for some time and always looking at different options. Lately I've been thinking it would be a great touch if I had a custom machined control plate for switches and pots. What would I search for? Are there many shops that would do both the machining and the nickel plating or do I have to find someone to make the part and then get someone else to plate it? If anyone has ever gone through this process, I'd really appreciate some info. Thanks!

• Members

I've been toying with the idea of building a custom one-off guitar for myself for some time and always looking at different options. Lately I've been thinking it would be a great touch if I had a custom machined control plate for switches and pots. What would I search for? Are there many shops that would do both the machining and the nickel plating or do I have to find someone to make the part and then get someone else to plate it? If anyone has ever gone through this process, I'd really appreciate some info. Thanks!

Try Callaham guitar. I was going to have Bill make me a custom set of ferrules for a non-standard hardtail I built, but then I got sidetracked.

Archived