New tube MESHUGGAH amp in the works

thefyn

• Members

When asked about whether MESHUGGAH has been working on new music and if he has any new gear he is using, Fredrik said, "Yes, we are working on a new album and have been for a long time. I'm so excited about this one. We've always tried to change how we write songs to keep it exciting, but on recent albums we've also been moving further away from working together as a band. On this album, though, everyone is working together. Every day that we're in the studio, we'll play whatever song we're working on, record a demo version of it to analyze at home, and then come back the next day, talk about it and try to make it better. I think because of this, it's going to be our best album yet.

"We don't have a title yet, but when it comes to new gear, this one is going to be special, to say the least. I'm working with DAR Amplification to make this ridiculously powerful guitar amp. It's got 100 watts of true Class A power. The tubes are from Russian MiG 25 fighter planes; they're designed to survive a nuclear blast and keep the plane flying. It will be the world's most advanced modern tube amp. But most importantly, it's designed from beginning to end for the ultimate metal tone, and it sounds awesome. Can't wait for you to experience it!"

For peeps who have never heard them:

[video=youtube;qc98u-eGzlc]

Very excited to hear this album!

• Members

The tubes are from Russian MiG 25 fighter planes; they're designed to survive a nuclear blast and keep the plane flying.

I think this is funny. Can someone explain to me how a thin glass tube can survive a nuclear blast? If you knocked it off your kitchen table it would break like a lightbulb.

• Members

I think this is funny. Can someone explain to me how a thin glass tube can survive a nuclear blast? If you knocked it off your kitchen table it would break like a lightbulb.

They are made out of transparent adamantium

• Members

It's not about surviving a direct blast, its about the tube equipment being resistant to powerful electro magnetic pulses (like those produced from nuclear explosions)

• Members

It's not about surviving a direct blast, its about the tube equipment being resistant to powerful electro magnetic pulses (like those produced from nuclear explosions)

correctomundo, which is way it is still used in many military applications t this day

• Members

Yeah, it is not that it will survive a blast, but it can operate under large Electro Magnetic Pulses while transistors cannot. Also it doesn't keep the plane flying, it's simply used on the plane's communication devices.

Matter of fact, military contracts are what keep the tube industry in business, once military field communication moves away from tubes, it will be all over, as the guitar/audio tube market is NOT big enough to keep these businesses afloat.

• Members

same company, slightly different amp iirc.

After looking around, apparently it is the signature model (or at least a prototype). FBM stands for "Future Breed Machines"

[video=youtube;ZHJu3tmeAiM]

[video=youtube;STbg1c4GqXg]

• Members

After looking around, apparently it is the signature model (or at least a prototype). FBM stands for "Future Breed Machines"

yeah, saw those. i remember reading ola saying that the messhugah amp had a slightly different tone stack or something

Archived