The Breakdown Appreciation Thread!! (Deathcore, Metalcore, Partycore, Hardcore Punk)

Guitarist+

• Members

...or any other genre known for excessive breakdowns.

I got the idea for this thread from some guy complaining that any genre with "core" in it sucks :lol:

THE RULES AM:

1) If you don't like breakdowns, fine. This thread isn't for you. Don't post hate against the genres, please. I don't want to start fights.

2) THE BREAKDOWNS MUST BE BRUTAL.

Start:

[video=youtube;9OFLUpbGrrU]

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're not, but I have no interest in discussing it.

I listen to All Shall Perish, As I Lay Dying, Allegaeon, etc, and a few other bands you might consider in that vein, but have found myself going increasingly softer over the past few months, to the point where I really like A Day to Remember's latest two releases.

EDIT: And no one else will admit it probably, because doing so means to be e-judged by the other metal elitists on this forum. Either way, I don't feel strongly enough about the matter to bother.

I just want my work day to be over ASAP because I've been more or less done everything for the week since about 2:00pm

• Members

Hmmm - not bad. I always assumed they were another Job for a Cowboy band, but they're more in the vein of The Acacia Strain, who are a pretty hit or miss band.

Yeah, I've enjoyed TAS a lot back in the day of 3750, the latest stuff.. I appriciate the songs, but i'm tired of the sound. The constant drone of chugged drop F, or E wears me out after 2-3 songs

JFAC are OK in my book since genesis, but it's more death metal than deathcore i'd say

Archived