deleted

LesPaulSpecial1981

• Members

Thanks Guitarist+. Not a bad option, but I should note the less complicated it is, the better for my situation... So a combo amp would be best, and some break up without pedals would be cool. I'm not opposed to pedals, just prefer not to have to do a whole lot.

My post stands. The JCA reacts to your volume knob like no other amp I have ever played.

If you need two channels, then the Bugera V22 plus new tubes is the way to go.

• Members

Used Tweaker head, around $300...I've seen a few here for $275. JCA 1x12 for $129 shipped new from Sweetwater, Zzounds, etc. If you can spring for the 2x12, it'll bust your budget by about $20, but well worth it. The Tweaker loves pedals, and you can get a {censored}load of different sounds out of it. The Jet City cabs are win for the money.

• Members

Alright guys, I'm positive this has been asked before, but I've already looked through some of the forums and I can't come to a conclusion.

Budget: $500

Requirements: Relatively portable

Suitable for a dorm room and gigging

All tube

Amazing tone

Style I play: Rock and Blues

I'm a big fan of Fender amps and know that a Blues JR or Pro Jr or used Hot Rod Deluxe would be suitable options, but I know there are probably some better options out there that I don't know about. And I'm looking for something that might give me a little bit of an edge over the cookie cut amps that everyone buys.

What do you guys think would be the best option?

JCA20 will fit this perfectly.