5. reasons you need the new HT-5R tube amp

teemuk

• Members

Idk the price of the HT5R but I am guessing a used Peavey 6505 combo is in that same area and has those features, and not to mention 12 times the wattage.

Both good amps imo. The BS is cheaper and less of a one trick pony. Wattage is all subjective to the user.

• Members

you get more gain and a ton more volume

Clearly anything the Blackstar HT5 can do the Peavey 6505 can do better

If you're looking for a performance amp, yeah the 6505 would be a better buy. But if you're looking for an amp that you can turn down to super low volume to practice with and it still sounds and feels great I would go with the HT5R. Turn down the 6505 and it'll stink up the room.

• Members

Clearly anything the Blackstar HT5 can do the Peavey 6505 can do better

have you actually played both the Blackstar HT5 and Peavey 6505 ? Or are you speaking from your experience of watching videos on Youtube ? also, i didn't realize one sound could be "better" then another.

• Members

have you actually played both the Blackstar HT5 and Peavey 6505 ? Or are you speaking from your experience of watching videos on Youtube ? also, i didn't realize one sound could be "better" then another.

I didn't say sounds, I said anything the Blackstar HT5 can do the Peavey 6505 can do better

For example, if I wanted to savagely beat my family, the peavey 6505 (being larger) would be a much more effective weapon

• Members

I didn't say sounds, I said anything the Blackstar HT5 can do the Peavey 6505 can do better

For example, if I wanted to savagely beat my family, the peavey 6505 (being larger) would be a much more effective weapon

Your trying to compare a 5 watt amp to a 60 watt amp. Stop it. The HT-5 is meant for practice at low volume and I can promise you it sounds better than the Peavey at bedroom volumes.

• Members

That's subjective

I just dont get how you are comparing the two. I can find a bunch of amps in the USED market for the price of the Blackstar but it doesnt mean I should be comparing them. I could see if this thread was about the Club 40 or the Stage 60 since they are of comparable size and wattage. I tried a 6505 at low volume and it sounded pretty dull to me. Give me the Blackstar anyday :cop:

Archived