5. reasons you need the new HT-5R tube amp

teemuk

• Members

No, I mean if it costed as much as the Epi Valve Jr / Blackheart BH5 / Kustom / etc

Those all appear to be class A amps. Some of them have a tone control, or are single channel, no reverb, no effects loop. Oh and they come with 8", 10", or even 6" speakers. I guess you get what you pay for. Those amps may be great for lots of different music styles but they don't really do it for the stuff I like to play.

• Members

I'd like to get the Blackstar HT1RH... its only 1 watt but the volume difference between 1 watt and 5 watts cannot be that significant, and either would be used for practice anyway (and in a band/gig setting obviously you can mic them up)

but I think I am just going to skip a mid-range amp and go straight for the Peavey 6505

• Members

I'd like to get the Blackstar HT1RH... its only 1 watt but the volume difference between 1 watt and 5 watts cannot be that significant, and either would be used for practice anyway (and in a band/gig setting obviously you can mic them up)

but I think I am just going to skip a mid-range amp and go straight for the Peavey 6505

kinda ironic? eh guys

• Members

Oh, so you mean if it had zero features then.

Honestly, the HT-5 is a bargain for what it is. What's next, you're going to be complaining about a Infiniti's price compared to a Kia?

well if blackstar made a 5/3/1 watt HT head that just had Volume, Gain and Tone and/or ISF then I'd be pretty happy with that.

• Members

It's all good. I'm normally not a HUGE grammar Nazi, but cost is an irregular verb. So it would be "If it cost as much as an Epi...etc."

/English

:lol:

Yeah I know, I just say "costed" because it's what comes naturally obviously... but in my head I know it's wrong.

• Members

You don't think that 1-3 are good reasons for buying this amp over the standard HT-5?

If you compare it like that it makes sense. If you consider that 12" speaker, tone controls and a reverb are pretty much standard features for guitar amps, then not so much.

• Members

If you compare it like that it makes sense. If you consider that 12" speaker, tone controls and a reverb are pretty much standard features for guitar amps, then not so much.

Check out the other 5 watt combos out there man. Most don't have 12" speakers or reverb or channel switching even.

Archived