Just had another practice with the Randall Cyclone tonight

guitarbilly74

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, I've been interested in these newer Randalls as well. I think the T2 would be enough for me though, I am not really using the GEQ.

Your rig would definitely be a lot simpler to use and easier to carry around with the V2.

I've got a T2 and think it would be perfect for you. It can also get super heavy.

It don't need it but I like my MXR GEQ in the loop.

• Members

I've got a T2 and think it would be perfect for you. It can also get super heavy.

It don't need it but I like my MXR GEQ in the loop.

Yeah, I am thinking of getting one. I don't use the GEQ on the Cyclone for my tone and I don't need the 3rd channel so I think the T2 would be perfect.

• Members

Yeah, I am thinking of getting one. I don't use the GEQ on the Cyclone for my tone and I don't need the 3rd channel so I think the T2 would be perfect.

The T2 sounds awesome. One of the few solid state amps I can see myself paying for. I think Paul Stanley was using the Cyclone at one point.

• Members

I had a original Randall warhead (similar to the cyclone) for a bit and i could never gel with it. Whenever i played my Randall RG100ES (boosted) beside it, the rg100es just blew it away... although i probably should have given the warhead a bit more time, cause i did notice it was very sensitive to EQ changes.

• Members

I had a original Randall warhead (similar to the cyclone) for a bit and i could never gel with it. Whenever i played my Randall RG100ES (boosted) beside it, the rg100es just blew it away... although i probably should have given the warhead a bit more time, cause i did notice it was very sensitive to EQ changes.

It's very sensitive, I struggled quite a bit with it until I got it right, but now that I learned the amp it's just awesome. I would like to try the RG100ES some day.

• Members

Randall_RS125CX.gif

:snax:

the cab that says ":o"

That rig sounds like its killer Billy. You like it better than the JCA? Also, I'm really stoked for your bands demo. The clips you've posted have always been :love:

Raf, quit being a {censored}tard and talking about offin' the Mako.

• Members

the cab that says ":o"

That rig sounds like its killer Billy. You like it better than the JCA? Also, I'm really stoked for your bands demo. The clips you've posted have always been
:love:

Raf, quit being a {censored}tard and talking about offin' the Mako.

The cab DOES say :o LOL!!!!

I'm really liking it. I don't know if I like it better than the JCA, they're so different... I like the JCA tone better but I sometimes struggle to find space in the mix with it, it's definitely loud enough, but sometimes I think it doesn't sound as big as I'd like. This one is the exact opposite, no problems fitting in the mix and sounding huge but the tone is not as organic as the JCA. But perhaps I do like it better, it's definitely making my life easier and helping me focus more on the music.

• Members

The cab DOES say
:o
LOL!!!!

I'm really liking it. I don't know if I like it better than the JCA, they're so different... I like the JCA tone better but I sometimes struggle to find space in the mix with it, it's definitely loud enough, but sometimes I think it doesn't sound as big as I'd like. This one is the exact opposite, no problems fitting in the mix and sounding huge but the tone is not as organic as the JCA. But perhaps I do like it better, it's definitely making my life easier and helping me focus more on the music.

I used to want that cab, I thought the 115 would bring so much bass. Now I run my amps with the bass at like... 9 o'clock :lol:

I get what you're saying. One thing I like about the JCA20 is how it sits in the mix, how its present but not dominantly huge. Thats just because I use it at church where the guitar needs to be support.

• Members

Just get the Dime 100 head. No funky footswitch to deal with and it's cheaper. I've had both and they're the same thing.

Having owned both for a time, yes. They are VERY similar. If anything the D100 has some advantages....the dual effects loops, more gain on tap, AND the volume doesn't drop nearly as much with the boost engaged as it did on the original circuit. The ONLY reason I returned my Dime head so soon was I got a wicked deal on a V2 that I could not pass up, and needed to get money towards that. And Though I love my V2 and Cyclone, I'll probably grab up a used Dime head on the cheap sometime soon when my financial situation improves a bit.

Archived