One of my bands tracks re-amped with Bogner and Baron

maiden_fan

• Members

First off, massive thanks to Greg of Tomato Farm studio (lolzgreg on here) for offering this.. I couldn't be more please with the result.

Greg reamped the guitar tracks for one of my bands songs that will be out on our EP next month.

Its really strange listening to one of your tracks with someone elses take on the tone/feel of it. His take is a lot more modern than the JVM/Splawn combo I went with in the studio. I was so excited I got up a little early to listen and do a 60 second headphone mix of the track. This is with Gregs reamps, DI'D bass and drums just have a limiter.

I love the raw and biting the Baron sounds and you cannot argue with the lead tone off the Bogner, glorious.

I will do proper clips and a 5150, Baron, JVM/SPLAWN comparison for you guys soon.

Baron K2 rythms and Bogner Ecstacy for the lead.

Heres the clip:

http://soundcloud.com/dendera/heretic-mix-in-60-seconds

I will add some more later.

Thanks again Greg I am blown away.

Tony

• Members

Hmm. While the tone is nice, the mix need some serious work.

I can't hear the cymbals properly, guitars are way too loud, kick lacks body and punch and the track is clipping.

It also sounds like there's some weird phasing going on with the guitars, like there's delay or echo on the rhythm guits.

Archived