67 Fender Bassman refurb. What say you guys?

thesinner66

• Members

One of the tech shops in town a few months back was given an opportunity to refurbish a 67 Blackface Bassman head from another guitar shop in my area that used to be the Fender dealer wayyyyy back in the day. They were kind of a weird store and had a bunch of stuff left in storage. Two amps they happened to have in storage was the previously mentioned Fender Bassman and a Fender Bassman 70.

As I understand it the guitar store payed the tech shop by giving them the Bassman 70. (He's selling the 70 for $400.)

I played the 67, Bassman and it rocks balls! However I asked the tech guy who did the work for the other store and he replied w/. "The 67 Bassman needed a new power-supply transformer, caps, various piddley resistors (to weed-out camp-fire crackles) etc., as well as some aesthetic improvements and serious crud-cleaning, but it was well worth the time."

The store that has the 67 however doesn't have a price on the amp. None of the guys in the shop had the authority to wheel and deal on it apparently. My question is this...How much would you guys pay for an amp that is "oldish." obviously refurbished and done well. A decent shaped Bassman from the same year on Ebay is hitting about the $750 range.

I'm thinking $400. What does HCAF think?

• Members

Uh, guys, you ain't gonna get head here.:poke:

SRS, a good shop with guys who know WTF they're doing got it in good shape? It's worth at least $800.

The sound would be worth it! However it's just the fact that you find ones that are in great/original shape for that price. (nevermind the fact that I would have to replace most of the same stuff if I bought one.)

Archived