Steven Slate Trigger users?

Tommy Horrible

• Members

Anyone else using this to replace drums? Best {censored}ing thing I've ever bought. I can't believe how much better the drums sound using this, and how much clearer and louder the mix sounds overall with the drums replaced.

Let's talk about tricks and tips.

Also, I've yet to to be able to use the leakage suppression feature, i don't see it where it's supposed to be on my screen.

Anyway, first song I used it on, check it out

http://dismusic1.bandcamp.com/track/wandering-bleeding

• Members

I've used Trigger since it was beta. I dig it! IMO it's waaaay better than aptrigga and drumagog.

You have to enable the plugin on the tracks you want NOT to be on the main Trigger track to use leakage suppression. That said, I've never once had to use it, Trigger works so good on it's own I basically just set the knobs and sliders and it's perfect for me.

• Members

I've used Trigger since it was beta. I dig it! IMO it's waaaay better than aptrigga and drumagog.

You have to enable the plugin on the tracks you want NOT to be on the main Trigger track to use leakage suppression. That said, I've never once had to use it, Trigger works so good on it's own I basically just set the knobs and sliders and it's perfect for me.

Hmmm, what reason would you have to load the trigger plug in on channel you don't want the trigger plug in to work on?

• Members

Hmmm, what reason would you have to load the trigger plug in on channel you don't want the trigger plug in to work on?

So it can see hits that it should NOT be triggering in your other track. It has to see them to know they aren't what you aren't wanting to trigger. Sometimes you get bleed from other drums. For instance lets say you set your snare track threshold so it is low enough that you can catch ghost notes. Well now sometimes when you've got someone laying into the toms the bleed of them through the snare mic is as loud as those ghost notes = toms triggering a snare hit when there shouldn't be one. So the idea is now trigger can see where tom hits are and so when it sees one it knows not to falsely trigger a snare hit even if in the snare track there is a sound loud enough to normally trigger ..trigger. :lol:

Man I worded that all {censored}ty as {censored}. Hope it makes sense!

• Members
So it can see hits that it should NOT be triggering in your other track. It has to see them to know they aren't what you aren't wanting to trigger. Sometimes you get bleed from other drums. For instance lets say you set your snare track threshold so it is low enough that you can catch ghost notes. Well now sometimes when you've got someone laying into the toms the bleed of them through the snare mic is as loud as those ghost notes = toms triggering a snare hit when there shouldn't be one. So the idea is now trigger can see where tom hits are and so when it sees one it knows not to falsely trigger a snare hit even if in the snare track there is a sound loud enough to normally trigger ..trigger.
:lol:

Yeah, I get what you mean now. I was always used to doing real drums on a Korg D3200 portastudio and going through and manually cutting out the toms. I used to spend hours doing that on single tom track, I can do all the cuts I need to do for an entire song in about 10 minutes in Logic :thu::) so It's not big {censored} for me to go through and just cut any offending bleed that would falsely trigger....trigger. I can surely see how triggers leakage suppression could very useful though, I'll have to remember it's a option.

• Members

Here's how I handle some Triggering issues...

Clean up the drum tracks and get rid of the ghost notes to eliminate false triggering. A quick way is to use a Gate and Bounce the track for the majority of cleaning. Then some minor detail cleaning.

For fast hits, divide the hits by hand onto two tracks, half on each track. Trigger each.

So it can see hits that it should NOT be triggering in your other track. It has to see them to know they aren't what you aren't wanting to trigger. Sometimes you get bleed from other drums. For instance lets say you set your snare track threshold so it is low enough that you can catch ghost notes. Well now sometimes when you've got someone laying into the toms the bleed of them through the snare mic is as loud as those ghost notes = toms triggering a snare hit when there shouldn't be one. So the idea is now trigger can see where tom hits are and so when it sees one it knows not to falsely trigger a snare hit even if in the snare track there is a sound loud enough to normally trigger ..trigger.
:lol:

• Members

Here's how I handle some Triggering issues...

Clean up the drum tracks and get rid of the ghost notes to eliminate false triggering. A quick way is to use a Gate and Bounce the track for the majority of cleaning. Then some minor detail cleaning.

For fast hits, divide the hits by hand onto two tracks, half on each track. Trigger each.

I'm going about it slightly different than you I think, but yeah, clean the track first, then trigger is the way to go for me.

• Members

I use appatrigga and have been looking at getting drumagog or trigger.

Now, I dont need any convincing that either are better than appatriga, which is great for the money and has saved my bacon before, but its a really basic tool all told.

But, why do the people saying that triggers better than drumagog believe that to be the case? I mean, I can look up the features as well as anyone and have repeatedly, and I dont see a hell of a lot to clearly call it in the core functionality of them, and I was leaning toward drumagog. Trigger fans; why get trigger instead?

• Members

I use appatrigga and have been looking at getting drumagog or trigger.

Now, I dont need any convincing that either are better than appatriga, which is great for the money and has saved my bacon before, but its a really basic tool all told.

But, why do the people saying that triggers better than drumagog believe that to be the case? I mean, I can look up the features as well as anyone and have repeatedly, and I dont see a hell of a lot to clearly call it in the core functionality of them, and I was leaning toward drumagog. Trigger fans; why get trigger instead?

Never used drumagog, but's not designed to be used with Steven Slate samples. Trigger is and lets you mess with the velocity, timbre, and tuning of each hit which easy were the drum replacer in Logic doesn't. I've used that too, both are accurate, trigger lets you fine tune the tone.

Archived