Black Country Communion...

co&cafan808

• Members

Ok, like the band a lot, but here's the thing.

Joe B's tone gets worse & worse as the years go bye. Yes, he is a great player, with tasty chops, but his sound gets thinner & worse with every year. I miss the days when he was on drugs, had long hair, and was playing the strat, dreaming that he was Robin Trower.

Check out some of the Live at Rockplast video & you will see what I mean. I would post some, but i am at work & can't get on YouTube.

Just curious, but have you actually seen him live lately? I saw him about 8 months ago, and his tone was {censored}ing God-like. The absolute apotheosis of Les Paul/Marshall goodness. I mean, I know it's all subjective and all, but generally, Joe's thought of as having pretty goddamn killer tone. I know I've seen him something like 11 or 12 times now, and his tone has been spectacular every single time.

To each his own, I guess...

• Members
Just curious, but have you actually seen him live lately? I saw him about 8 months ago, and his tone was {censored}ing God-like. The absolute apotheosis of Les Paul/Marshall goodness. I mean, I know it's all subjective and all, but generally, Joe's thought of as having pretty goddamn killer tone. I know I've seen him something like 11 or 12 times now, and his tone has been spectacular every single time.

I'm just saying his tone on the Rockplast video was thick & full of "Trower-ey" goodness with a hint of Gary Moore.. Not so much now days. each album/tour he seems to loose edge and thickness. Just sayin....:idk:

The rest of the band is aces. Mr Hughes sounds as amazing as ever, and li'l Bonzo is kickin it. :thu:

On the other hand, who could you get to play that would fit in with these guys other than Joe B ?

• Members

Seriously, I saw him last march and I think his tone was best live guitar tone I've ever heard.

• Members

saw em at the Starland Ballroom in NJ - met Joe outside his trailer and talked shop about his amps n setup and out comes Glenn - yea i was all googly eyed an star struck - total gentlemen - signed my shirt - show was loud as balls !! - keyboard player was from dream theater - dont know him

I see Glenn every time he comes to NYC best head screams in the biz!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I've turned a BUNCH of people onto this band with the dvd, even some of my old-school musician buddies (guys in their 50s & 60s) were {censored}ing blown away by it!

No matter what else they do on the side, they have to keep this band going, it's just too good not to, and nobody else is playing straight-up, GREAT 70s-style arena rock the way these guys do. They're freakin' Led Purple! :rawk:

I'm amazed by the apparently ageless Glenn Hughes, at 60 years old, the guy's voice is better than ever, and the guy's a badass rock bassist & frontman to boot! BCC is pretty much at the top of my must-see concert list right now.

Archived