Bought NI's Komplete 8 today!!!

vice2.0

• Members

{censored} feels awesome! I messed around with their earlier software (downloaded through various erm... sources) and got hooked. On Mac, I could only load up half an hour demos of their stuff and was/am still thoroughly impressed.

Halfway through installing 115 Gbs of software and the install has never been so easy.

I've been selling amps lately for other purchases gear related, like drums, bass, Pro Tools, mics and stuff, but this is the first time I feel like I am making a HUGE move in the right direction for home recording.

Feels like I am finally taking it seriously and it feels awesome.

Super modest and {censored}ty home recording rig pics to come.

• Members

Oh man! I am at least a month or so out before I even put out anything yet. I only got PT about 2 or 3 weeks ago and work a lot, so I've had little time to tinker with it. Thing are just unfolding is all.

Next up is Redwirez. I've heard mixed results with it, but Killzone's and Exafro's clips put me over the edge. I'll be buying that and seeing what I can do with that, test out Scarbee, maybe get expansions for Superior 2.0 (the custom and vintage sound great in the clips I've heard) and MAYBE I'll get my ass handed to me after putting up some clips.

I don't even know how to play keyboard, but just picked up one of those as well.

This is all pretty overwhelming but very exciting an I am SO up for the challenge.

You record Mesa? You have clips? Anything from you Lex?

• Members

Yeah, 115 Gbs is A LOT of stuff to work with here. I think it's a crazy good investment and am super happy I picked it up.

I just finished the easiest install ever, have it registered and updated without a hiccup. PT picked it up on first glance. :)

Running some loops through Battery 3 and messing with FM8 and I am already impressed.

Drinks to celebrate. Big ones.

IMG_0841.jpg

Archived