CSB Bigbangtheory/LadyLoopPwnt etc...

LoopQuantum

• Members

The writing and actors NAIL that type of person.

What? That is what pisses me most off about the show. The characters are not believable. They keep rewriting them to suit the obvious, coming from a mile away, jokes. Like the latest episode Sheldon's super logical etc etc but hey it would also be funny if he was afraid of birds. What?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What? That is what pisses me most off about the show. The characters are not believable. They keep rewriting them to suit the obvious, coming from a mile away, jokes. Like the latest episode Sheldon's super logical etc etc but hey it would also be funny if he was afraid of birds. What?

Yeah that's what I demand of my sitcoms, gritty realism. In the grand tradition of the classic comedies of yesteryear - like when Mr Ed came up lame and Wilbur shot him in the head and shipped him off to a glue factory. Or when the plucky castaways ran out of food on the island so they drew straws and ate Gilligan to survive. For realz son. When Barny caught Opie huffin' gas behind Floyd's barbershop and didn't pistol whip him into a coma, the show just lost all credibility.

:rolleyes:

• Members

Yeah that's what I demand of my sitcoms, gritty realism. In the grand tradition of the classic comedies of yesteryear - like when Mr Ed came up lame and Wilbur shot him in the head and shipped him off to a glue factory. Or when the plucky castaways ran out of food on the island so they drew straws and ate Gilligan to survive. For realz son. When Barny caught Opie huffin' gas behind Floyd's barbershop and didn't pistol whip him into a coma, the show just lost all credibility.

So I don't like your favorite show, I give you a perfectly plausible reason why, and you fly off the handle. Well done.

• Members

What'd you get that from? I swear that "For realz son" aside, I've heard that exact rant before. I'm hearing it in my head in Randal Graves' voice for some reason.

• Members

{censored} dude...

I would watch every one of those shows.

• Members

I like TBBT and felt the same way about Seinfeld not being funny. I don't do neurotic humor, which is also why I hate Larry David (main writer of Seinfeld) and Curb.

And Woody Allen used up all the good points in neurotic humor ages ago :D

• Members

OK, point taken. What I meant was that they nail the ESSENCE of those characters which is about all you can ask of a sitcom since they are not really meant to be fully fleshed out characters. Ever read any material from MENSA? The ultra smart, in broad generalities, are incredibly self absorbed and disdainful of the inferior (anyone not as smart as they are). They are equally competitive with each other to prove who is the smartest.

But, seriously, it's just a TV show.

• Members

This week on a very special episode of Mr. Ed...

Archived