Price check on minty 88' DY RG550

Lucius

• Members

trading any Jem for an RG is an uneven trade. Jems hold their value whereas the RG market goes up and down. If you want the RG and don't want the Jem, go sell the Jem over on Jemsite or something, buy the RG, and have a TON of money left over to put some new pickups and stuff in it!

P.S., i'm not posting at all to say the RG's are inferior in ANY way. They are pretty much identical in terms of quality, especially those old ones.

• Members

Is your VWH an older model with the Lo-Pro Edge trem and ebony fretboard? If it is, I'd hold on to it. They are getting very sought after ever since Ibanez started using rosewood on the later models.

Yup, its a 2001 with lo-pro and ebony. This particular one has got a couple wood dings, and EMG's installed but plays like butter. I traded my White Laiho (LTD-600) and a mesa cab for it. Cheers, Lucius

• Members

trading any Jem for an RG is an uneven trade. Jems hold their value whereas the RG market goes up and down. If you want the RG and don't want the Jem, go sell the Jem over on Jemsite or something, buy the RG, and have a TON of money left over to put some new pickups and stuff in it!

P.S., i'm not posting at all to say the RG's are inferior in ANY way. They are pretty much identical in terms of quality, especially those old ones.

Yah, I'm expecting $$$ as well. I have a softspot for those early 550's. Cheers, Lucius

• Members

Hey guys, looking to trade my JEM7VH for a dessert yellow 1988 RG550. His is in mint condition and just looking for the going rate. I'm thinking $600??? Is that a slap in the face or fair? Cheers, Lucius

They are hard to find in mint shape. 600 is fair, tho the above post( humanfuseben) is good advice.

Love my '07 :thu::thu:

• Members

humanfuseben is correct. Even though they made a ton of the 7vwh's, the older ebony ones with the lo pro are creeping up in price and holding there. The desert yellow 550's seem to average a bit higher than the more common color ones, I've seen several go in the 400 to 600 us$ range in the past 6 months. The $600 dollar ones were as close to perfect as you can get, with the $400 ones being beat up players with stained fretboards.

• Members
humanfuseben is correct. Even though they made a ton of the 7vwh's, the older ebony ones with the lo pro are creeping up in price and holding there. The desert yellow 550's seem to average a bit higher than the more common color ones, I've seen several go in the 400 to 600 us$ range in the past 6 months. The $600 dollar ones were as close to perfect as you can get, with the $400 ones being beat up players with stained fretboards.

that is what this one looks (re: Stained necks). I'm think mine is about $1200'ish, perhaps less given the p/u situation. Cheers, LUcius

Archived