OT: ebay related rant/help needed

strtdv

• Members

I had a phone listed on ebay (Samsung Galaxy S2), and I only offered postage within the UK (for safety reasons I only use tracked/recorded/insured postage for higher value items).

Some guy with 1 positive feedback from Russia sniped the auction and now wants me to post it to him.

Obviously this isn't going to happen, I've already offered a second chance offer to the next highest bidder who has 300 positive feedback, is in the UK at a PayPal verified address and has already paid for the phone.

I've opened a dispute with ebay about it under the grounds that the buyer wants me to post to a country I don't offer postage to, but it looks like it's relying on him admitting that he shouldn't have bid before asking me if I posted to Russia, otherwise I have to pay final value fees on it anyway.

Is there any other way I can remove his bid, or am I stuck?

• Members

You can cancel the transaction and then Ebay allows you to send a cancel transaction request to the Russian buyer asking him to release you from the commitment. If he agrees then Ebay gives you the fees back.

Yeah I've done that. The problem is that I'm pretty sure it's a scammer so he will probably not agree. I could be wrong though.

I've never had a problem like this before, guess I must have been lucky.

• Members

If he closes the dispute, which he can do, and probably will do, you are required to pay the fees.

You should have made the auction invisible to any country but the UK, a seperate setting that Ebay hides from you for this very reason.

I had to pay $140 when some dick{censored} from Poland bought my Triple Rectifier. I called Ebay, they literally told me "Even though he broke the auction rules which you selected and then stated again in your ad, you did not hide the auction from outside countries in the settings, therefore you are required to pay the listing fee."

Literally nothing they would do about it.

Archived