Soldano 4x12 Cab Stock, How do they Compare to others?

Hardvalve

• Members

Looking at another 4x12 cab right now, and this popped up locally. I have been looking at the Fryette fat Bottom stock speakers, Mesa Oversized with Vintage 30s, and a stock Soldano 4x12 all original in black. How do these sound compared to some of the other popular cabs out there? I know they are a little smaller, but this will be for more brutal styles of metal, but also some clean tones as well.

• Members

I believe Soldano uses Eminence speakers in his cabs because they tame down some of the brightness of the amps.

You wouldn't want to use an SLO with say V30's.
:cop:

I have several different heads, and 2 rack setups I will use through the cab. Most are for more modern tones, and was looking for a different flavor from my

EV12ML equipped cabs.

• Members

I believe Soldano uses Eminence speakers in his cabs because they tame down some of the brightness of the amps.

I have several different heads, and 2 rack setups I will use through the cab. Most are for more modern tones, and was looking for a different flavor from my

EV12ML equipped cabs.

• Members

Bull{censored}.

[video=youtube;JlF3nScwLXw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlF3nScwLXw&feature=related

[video=youtube;6g68qtk-ZLU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g68qtk-ZLU&feature=related

• Members

I did, stupid HC froze up, and I double posted. What do you think of their tone??

I've never played one, but.................

1. I do like Eminence speakers, so I'm sure they would sound great.

2. I'm so used to 30x30x15 cabs right now, I'm not sure whether I would like the smaller dimensions. I would try it first.

3. I would like to see/hear one before I committed to buying one. If there's something about the tolex I don't like, I move on.

I've had a lot of cabs, and I still think Emperor is the way to go. The price is right. They look awesome. Most importantly, they sound awesome. :thu:

• Members

I've never played one, but.................

1. I do like Eminence speakers, so I'm sure they would sound great.

2. I'm so used to 30x30x15 cabs right now, I'm not sure whether I would like the smaller dimensions. I would try it first.

3. I would like to see/hear one before I committed to buying one. If there's something about the tolex I don't like, I move on.

I've had a lot of cabs, and I still think Emperor is the way to go. The price is right. They look awesome. Most importantly, they sound awesome.
:thu:

I like Emperor as well, I live outside of Chicago. This Soldano is for a REALLY good price, which is why I am looking at it.

• Members

I had one for a while but never liked it. I normally use a Marshall 1960BX with greenbacks or a Mesa OS Rectifier cab and think they sound better. It's hard to remember why exactly I didn't like it but I guess it was less balanced than the other two. Probably doesn't help much. :idk:

• Members

Front-loaded and very tight/articulate sounding. Very, very similar sounding to the older Diezel USA FL cabs and the Fryette/VHT Fat Bottom cabs... if all 3 were loaded with the same speakers. All 3 of these cabs are built by the same guy in California FTM.

Not a fan of Eminence speakers myself. :idk:

• Members

Front-loaded and very tight/articulate sounding.

I'll go along with this. I own a Fender Tonemaster 4x12 with Eminence GB12s replacing the stock V30s. Construction-wise, it's similar to the Soldano. The wood is not as thick in both, which to my ears makes them less boomy than most modern 4x12s like Mesa or Orange.

• Members

Not ALL.

EVM12L

EV Force 12

EV SRO Ceramic

Eminence Delta Pro 12A

Eminence Commonwealth

Eminence Lynch

Altec 417

all cast frames.

You are correct. I should have said 99.9% of current guitar speakers are stamped frame...which doesn't correlate to "cheap"...maybe "less expensive"...but it doesn't lessen the value of the final product any more than having a cast frame makes those a better speaker. At the power/forces guitar speakers operate at, cast is purely a marketing ploy.

Thanks for that. :thu:

Archived