It's cool when your own band gets these in....

atrox

• Members

damn straight.

for that alone, i will listen later...

Thanks man. It's quirky stuff, but I love it. Reviews have been overwhelmingly positive. Decibel and Revolver both loved it. Good things I suppose. Just really stoked on it.

• Members

well judging from your description above, would metal even be appropriate?

You mean as a description of our genre? It's quite metal. It's not Djent if that is what you mean. Probably closer to a progressive grind.

• Members

Dude, I hate to break it to you, but you got bilked. Whoever told you vinyls were a good idea was obviously misinformed. CDs are much more popular at this point and have been since their advent, really. This is the digital age and most people don't even have turntables at this point.

I would get a refund.

• Members

Dude, I hate to break it to you, but you got bilked. Whoever told you vinyls were a good idea was obviously misinformed. CDs are much more popular at this point and have been since their advent, really. This is the digital age and most people don't even have turntables at this point.

I would get a refund.

Ha. No Digital download and vinyl are really the only way to profit these days in metal man. You can sell CDs at shows I guess, but forget it online. We have already made our money back on pre-sales alone with this vinyl (which included a free digital download of course). Vinyl has a large niche market in metal and people are willing to pay extra for it. CD's... bands have box's of those laying around for years.

• Members

Where did you get those pressed up at? Ive been looking for someone who does vinyl for quite a while

Sony Red/Megaforce produced them for us as part of our deal. I'm not 100% sure who actually pressed them. I know they are located in Czech Republic.

• Members

Looks good man..

We are also doing a split 7 inch soon. Old school!

Also the vocalist in my band just had Kernon master another project. Kernon actually volunteered his services.. Good to have a guy with his skills on your side..

Kernon is a beast and a hell of a nice guy. He did the mix. You can't lose with a guy that is responsible for the Hall & Oats {censored} as well and Nile, Cannibal Corpse, etc... Alan Douches did the mastering.

• Members

As someome who grew up in the golden age of music in 70's, I miss the entire LP experience. Seeing the cover art, the cool little gimmicks (the zipper on the Stones album, the Zep album wrapped in brown paper bag, etc), the liner notes, buying a CD just isn't the same. And downloading you get nuthin'.

Funny thing is is that I've asked for a turntable for Xmas...so I can listed to all my old albums.

• Members

As someome who grew up in the golden age of music in 70's, I miss the entire LP experience. Seeing the cover art, the cool little gimmicks (the zipper on the Stones album, the Zep album wrapped in brown paper bag, etc), the liner notes, buying a CD just isn't the same. And downloading you get nuthin'.

Funny thing is is that I've asked for a turntable for Xmas...so I can listed to all my old albums.

yeah man. I listened to my original impression of Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here yesterday on vinyl. There is something about it. I love digital music. I'm all for it. Sometimes analog is just sweeter sounding though.

Archived