Vox AC4mini

theAntihero

• Members

I got a Vox AC4mini for an early birthday present and while it sounded great it crackled, then died after half an hour. Its not tubes or the speaker so im sending it back, but i was just wondering if this is a problem with these amps? I noticed it seems to get super hot, its sort of interesting that they chose to totally close back this combo.

• Members

I have the AC4TVH, and in the first few minutes the power tube red plated and died with a crackling noise like you say. Replaced it with another EL84 and it's been fine ever since.

I was hoping it was a tube, but after replacing it i still didnt get sound so i had to send it back. The only thing is i thought it was running super hot, im not sure if that was as it was meant to be.

• Members
I was hoping it was a tube, but after replacing it i still didnt get sound so i had to send it back. The only thing is i thought it was running super hot, im not sure if that was as it was meant to be.

I've found that preamp tubes are the culprit more often than power tubes, when it comes to having no signal at all. Did you replace it too?

Archived