NGD, ugly Carvin content!

Crunchtime

• Members

Check out my new Carvin Bolt. I know, should have got a Fender, Charvel, Suhr, etc. Unfortunately those brands can't offer the specs I like at a realistic price. Here she is, ugly or not delivered in case for about $800.

The pics don't really show the true color. It is pure snow white with a jet black ebony board. I plan to get better pics with natural light but it's dark now. Plays like butter and pickups sound great with these woods.

I thought it would be cool to have a top routed axe and have different pick guards with various pickups and pickup configurations.

Sorry for fuzzy pics.

Carvin Bolt-

Hardtail

HSS with Twinblades in mid and neck

Alder body

Maple neck

Ebony board

Jumbo stainless steel frets

12" radius

Sperzel locking tuners

Graph tech nut

Dunlop Straplocks

Contoured neck heel

MADE IN USA

DSCF000313.jpg

DSCF00104.jpg

DSCF000214.jpg

DSCF00113.jpg

DSCF00089.jpg

DSCF00079.jpg

• Members

Pretty damn nice. I don't love the headstock but still killer looking.

This is the same thing the gets me about all Carvins. Every one I've picked up has great build quality and feel, but the headstock and logo font make me feel like I'm looking at some $150 Strat copy. Shallow? Sure. Am I the only one who thinks it? Not damned likely.

:idk:

Nonetheless, nice get and HNGD! Hardtail strats are teh secks.

• Members

You prepared us for the worst, only to reveal that it's not really that ugly. My only gripe is that I hate those hardtails that look like tremolos. It's like, "here, have most of the hard work of a tremolo setup without the tremolo!"

:idk: How could a bridge be any easier to set up? Turn the screw one way to move saddle forward, the other way to move it back. Turn set screws one way to raise saddle, the other way to lower saddle.

While many will prefer the look of a TOM bridge, I find this to be a better bridge. The ability to raise and lower each individual string makes it superior, imo.

• Members

LOL. That's my 7 year old duaghter.

This statement coupled with the girl your avatar that is only about 11 years her senior don't really go together very well....

Nice guitar, silly avatar of someone elses daughter. Hopefully yours is treated better should she get unlucky.

• Members

I think it looks great! I might be in the minority, but I have seen a lot of great looking, beautiful Carvin guitars. I would also have no qualms about owning one either! I am assuming you had that built for you by Carvin? I would love to hear some clips or see a video if you are capable!

Cole

• Members

This statement coupled with the girl your avatar that is only about 11 years her senior don't really go together very well....

Nice guitar, silly avatar of someone elses daughter. Hopefully yours is treated better should she get unlucky.

I guess I see your point. I have considered changing it.

• Members

I think it looks great! I might be in the minority, but I have seen a lot of great looking, beautiful Carvin guitars. I would also have no qualms about owning one either! I am assuming you had that built for you by Carvin? I would love to hear some clips or see a video if you are capable!

Cole

Yes, it was ordered from Carvin by me. Sorry, I don't have any way to make clips now.

Also, thanks to everyone who has liked it.

Archived