Mako bias day. Gut shots.

Crunchtime

• Members

I just got some fresh 6550 tubes and decided to install them and bias up my Mako Dorados.

I took some gut shots but please forgive the poor pics. My camera cost $28 and I'm not very good at taking pics. Some are blurry, I know.

Both of these Dorados are from 2006 according to the printed date on the board. One seems to be stock with the exception of the added depth knob on the back the other has what I'm told is called the "Makoplex mods". There are also a few construction differences. For example, one has the tube sockets mounted directly to the chassis, the other has all the sockets mounted to a metal plate that is then mounted to the chassis.

Once again, please forgive the terrible quality of these pics. I just thought people here would appreciate these.

thanks

DSCF00112.jpg

DSCF00231.jpg

DSCF00241.jpg

DSCF00221.jpg

DSCF00182.jpg

DSCF00172.jpg

DSCF00162.jpg

DSCF00152.jpg

• Members

I give it a year before Mako is regarded as the worst amp in history on this forum...

Before the Mak4 came out they weren't exactly popular either.. :D

Anyone have a link to the gut shot thread btw? I remember that it was started by Dr Evil X, but google comes up with nothing. (And the search is hopeless).

• Members

I give it a year before Mako is regarded as the worst amp in history on this forum...

i dont think that will ever happen...Mako never got the fuel that the "flavor of the month" amps get....fact is they sound killer,are built like tanks, and will always be respected for this...

• Members

Andrew really knows how to build amps
:love:

This is just making the wait for my Mak4 to ship that much unbearable

I guess I should feel that much luckier being able to snag a used one recently. The MAK4, for me, is like having 4 great, usable amp sounds in one big-ass metal box.

• Members

I cant ever see the forum hating Mako, based on tone, construction, and the fact that Andrew is one of the nicest most hilarious dudes on Earth. Dude builds the most bullet proof, best sounding {censored}ing amps ever, and has a warranty to back that {censored} up for life.

• Members

I want another Makoplex... I've had two and also a Dorado and they were all killer amps. There was a PTP one FS cheap here a while ago - I should have snagged it.
:cry:

I think that was my old one that blurpist bought. If so, it went to mother russia.

I've never seen an amp built to such a high degree of durability and quality. Literally everything was over engineered. My nitro is close but there are some areas where the mako was just bigger/beefier/more sturdy.

untitled-2218.jpg

• Members

I think that was my old one that blurpist bought. If so, it went to mother russia.

I've never seen an amp built to such a high degree of durability and quality. Literally everything was over engineered. My nitro is close but there are some areas where the mako was just bigger/beefier/more sturdy.

untitled-2218.jpg

Thats about as clean and classy as it gets right there. Mako's are high up on the list of amps Ive never gotten to try , but REALLY want to

Archived