NAD!!!

guitarbilly74

• Members
Single channel, 2 switchable master volumes, no reverb.

Tone-wise, I am finding it REALLY close to my 2210, it sounds great. It's a darker, more modern version of the classic Marshall tone.

:o

I think I had a combo version of that amp some years back! Huh!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Nice amps. I had to change out the Caps on my ex guitarists. His had a very noticeable jump in volume after that.

The caps were recently changed and the PT was changed to a Heyboer. I bought the amp from a tech, he even gave me all the schematics :)

I think it will be loud enough, I am just spoiled with my Randall, which is by far the loudest amp I've ever had.

• Members

Nice! I am glad you snagged one too :thu: I have yet to play mine... It is just sitting here without a cab :cry: I am having one made, and I should have it at the end of the month or shortly around there...

The guy I bought mine from included a set of EHX EL34s to go with it (as well as the stock tubes)... Would you suggest a different power tube? I was thinking the Gold Lion KT77 or the Ruby EL34BSTR would be good options...

Also, what speakers are you using with it? I can't wait to fire mine up, it has been driving me nuts to just look at it...

Welcome to the club :thu:

IMG_1279.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

Cole

• Members

Nice! I am glad you snagged one too
:thu:
I have yet to play mine... It is just sitting here without a cab
:cry:
I am having one made, and I should have it at the end of the month or shortly around there...

The guy I bought mine from included a set of EHX EL34s to go with it (as well as the stock tubes)... Would you suggest a different power tube? I was thinking the Gold Lion KT77 or the Ruby EL34BSTR would be good options...

Also, what speakers are you using with it? I can't wait to fire mine up, it has been driving me nuts to just look at it...

Welcome to the club
:thu:

IMG_1279.jpg
IMG_1272.jpg

Cole

I am using 75's with it and they sound good. I can't really compare them with any other speakers at this point because I haven't tried this amp with any other cabs yet.

The EHX sound really good, it added a bit of high end to the tone, which I like. I am thinking of trying KT77's eventually :)

• Members

hmm I wouldn't count on it
:lol:

I mean, I may keep it, it all depends on how it will sound on band practice tomorrow. I have a feeling my Cyclone will rape it though...

I don't know if you have anything in the loop, but I have heard that jumping it makes a huge difference as well as running the loop volume around 11 o'clock. You might try that if you haven't already...

Cole

• Members

I don't know if you have anything in the loop, but I have heard that jumping it makes a huge difference as well as running the loop volume around 11 o'clock. You might try that if you haven't already...

Cole

:eek:

dude..... DUDE!!!!

:eek:

That {censored}ing did it!!! Holy {censored}!!!

Archived