So I had band practice with the Switchblade and new cab last night...

guitarbilly74

• Members

and I am pretty sure I am not going to keep it. :lol: The amp actually sounds really good, but it's just not for me. I was able to get an incredible solo tone, the clean tones were great and it's really practical and ease to use with all the presets and stuff. But for my main rhythm tone, the Cyclone just kills it completely.

The Switchblade is more of a classic rock amp IMHO. Towards the end of band practice we jammed on Mob Rules and I was able to nail that tone perfectly. It also does a really good Van Halen tone, Schenker, Maiden etc... it's a great amp for that. But for the heavier {censored}, it's just not there. Even though I am not a metal player, I do use a modern metal tone in my band and the Switchblade is not as good as the Randall for that type of tone.

I don't think I will buy any other amps though, I tried 2 amps recently and just keep coming back to the Cyclone. I wrote a lot of our {censored} with it and I think the Cyclone tone kind of became a part of the band sound now, it is hard to get away from it. Also, no tubes to deal with is pretty {censored}ing sweet, if you ask me. :) So once I sell it, I will probably just buy some effects or a new guitar or {censored} like that. Pretty much done buying amps.

• Members

If you want a good, large floorboard to go with your gmajor I have Behringer FCB1010 thats practically brand new I'd let you have on the cheap.

I will keep that in mind. I have a MIDI Buddy that will work fine for what I need for now, but maybe in the future if I think I need expression pedals etc...

• Members

I will keep that in mind. I have a MIDI Buddy that will work fine for what I need for now, but maybe in the future if I think I need expression pedals etc...

Think about it...Expression pedal, volume pedal, and 10 switchable FX patches all on one board :love:

Assuming you have the patience to program them all. I didn't :lol:

• Members

Think about it...Expression pedal, volume pedal, and 10 switchable FX patches all on one board
:love:

Assuming you have the patience to program them all. I didn't
:lol:

Yeah I used to have a FCB and I literally threw it against my wall out of frustration. That thing is a BITCH to program. It didn't break though, so I know it's reliable :lol:

Archived