Another pickup question lol

guitarbilly74

• Members

Oh, also...my cab has no label because of my OCD. I asked Andrew if he would send me a mako label to put on it :lol: I also REALLY want a mako 412 haha. So I TOTALLY get your OCD. I wouldnt put an Fspaced pup in a nonFspaced guitar...thats just {censored}ing crazy talk.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, also...my cab has no label because of my OCD. I asked Andrew if he would send me a mako label to put on it
:lol:
I also REALLY want a mako 412 haha. So I TOTALLY get your OCD. I wouldnt put an Fspaced pup in a nonFspaced guitar...thats just {censored}ing crazy talk.

I took the Marshall logo off my MF280 cab for the same reason. :lol:

• Members

ROFL, yeah,
most of the time the lead times were like 8-10 weeks
. I lucked out with the painkillers, though, and got those 1 week after I ordered them. Too bad those didnt last. After that, I started trying to find used ones, but sometimes I just had to order them new, which meant 8-10 weeks lol. I would just forget about it...Im REALLY good at compartmentalizing and getting rid of things that I dont want in my head...so it worked well for me. But yeah. I get ancie waiting like 3 days for some one to ship me a {censored}ing pedal or some {censored} haha. Id rather have a long wait time, compartmentalize, delete, and then get a surprise, OR just go to GC and buy something....the in between stuff is what kills me haha. {censored}, I ordered some batman plugs for my ears last week that I cant even wear yet, and I was freaking out about them getting here, checking the tracking updates every 15 seconds and {censored} lol.

:freak: I would need some different kind of painkillers if I had to wait 8-10 weeks. :lol:

• Members

Anyway, I picked up the D-Activator during my lunch break, can't wait to get the guitar tomorrow and try it out, I hope it works for me :)

And I already KNOW my OCD will not allow me to have a DiMarzio in the bridge and a SD in the neck. :facepalm:

That's just not right. So I will probably be getting a neck pickup soon :lol:

• Members

Anyway, I picked up the D-Activator during my lunch break, can't wait to get the guitar tomorrow and try it out, I hope it works for me
:)

And I already
KNOW
my OCD will not allow me to have a DiMarzio in the bridge and a SD in the neck.
:facepalm:

That's just not right. So I will probably be getting a neck pickup soon

You're worse than me buddy. WAY worse.

I've got a DiMarzio in the neck pos of my EC500. I'd LOVE to swap it for your '59.

• Members

Anyway, I picked up the D-Activator during my lunch break, can't wait to get the guitar tomorrow and try it out, I hope it works for me

And I already
KNOW

Wasn't the entire argument against EMGs that you didn't want to have to change the neck pickup?

• Members

Wasn't the entire argument against EMGs that you didn't want to have to change the neck pickup?

yes

:facepalm::lol:

• Members

well let me find out if I like the D-Activator first.

Which DiMarzio do you have?

I would really love to tell you... but I can't {censored}in' remember. Sounds a lot like the '59 in my buddies EC1000.

• Members

And I already
KNOW

LOL...when I put my D activator in my guitar, I actually moved the SD JB that was in the bridge into the neck position! Doesn't sound bad at all...but I rarely use the neck pickup.

• Members

LOL...when I put my D activator in my guitar, I actually moved the SD JB that was in the bridge into the neck position! Doesn't sound bad at all...but I rarely use the neck pickup.

I don't use the neck pickup that much either to be honest. But OCD is a bitch.

• Members

So I decided not to get the SG and buy a MIK Hamer Vector my buddy is selling, mostly because he's one of my best friends and I am trying to help him to get $ to go to school. Also, I love the Hamer imports, so it's a win-win.

I played the guitar last night and it plays really well, same exact neck as my Studios, which is great. The guitar will come with a Seymour Duncan Alternative 8 in the bridge,
which I think sounded WAY too hot and fat for my taste
. The neck pickup is a '59, which is good.

So I need to decide on a bridge pickup before I get the guitar tomorrow. I am looking for something that is high output, sounds big and with tight low end. Basically my usual EMG tone but I want to stay with passives on this guitar if possible because I do like the '59 in the neck and don't want to buy a whole set of actives.

What do you guys recommend? Keep in mind the Vector is a set-neck V with a maple top,
alder
body and maple neck.

What did I say!? WHAT DID I SAY?!??!

SH-5

• Members

So you bought the D-Activator KNOWING that it would cause your OCD to flare and go all FFFUUUUUUUUUUU, and that you would end up selling it anyway?

You're either brave, sick, or really sick.

Well, I figured it would be pretty easy to trade either the Alternative 8 or the '59 for a DiMarzio neck pickup and sell the other one to almost cover the costs of the D-Activator, so it will be a nearly free pickup swap :)

Archived