Where to find Guthrie Govan-style lessons?

cacheek

• Members

There's a huge amount of Guthrie vids on youtube. Watching those and trying to copy what you hear will teach you more than any book and you'll develop your own take on it along the way.

+1

YouTube and practice. I have a few Guthrie backing tracks if you want them as well, they're great to play over. PM me if you're interested.

• Members

I've not bought a guitar book in about 12 years, i think i may actually have to change that...a little over a decade ago i realized they all pretty much contained the same theory/ideas i already knew, and decided to use my ears as my teacher from then on out. But i really like guthrie's approach a lot.

• Members

I've not bought a guitar book in about 12 years, i think i may actually have to change that...a little over a decade ago i realized they all pretty much contained the same theory/ideas i already knew, and decided to use my ears as my teacher from then on out. But i really like guthrie's approach a lot.

His guitar books are great. Just the reading sections in them were informative. Sure there will be some replicated information, but like you said, his approach is quite a bit different than the norm. I'd love to take a few lessons from the guy.

Archived