Trigger Pulled.

NixerX

• Members

If it's what I think it is, getting the confirmation card sets you up for two months of going, "oh gawd, what if?" Be sure you have a towel ready and are alone when you finally get to open the case. After the wait, that first reveal is like a teenager seeing his first real naked chick. You get about three seconds then your body spontaneously spoogegasms all over itself.

And then you still get to look forward to playing it.

• Members

If it's what I think it is, getting the confirmation card sets you up for two months of going, "oh gawd, what if?" Be sure you have a towel ready and are alone when you finally get to open the case. After the wait, that first reveal is like a teenager seeing his first real naked chick. You get about three seconds then your body spontaneously spoogegasms all over itself.

And then you still get to look forward to playing it.

You know what it is! Im gonna revel in it for today and try to forget about it until arrival....with spooge rag in hand.

• Members

I bet I would...but nope not that.

You know what it is! Im gonna revel in it for today and try to forget about it until arrival....with spooge rag in hand.

Good luck. It's easy to forget until that card arrives. Then you set it "aside" and try to forget, but end up glancing at it once a day or more, thinking about the specs, mulling it over, day-dreaming.

Been there 8 times man. Trust, it'll be the longest two plus months of your life. (My ninth was in-stock and not special ordered.)

• Members

Good luck. It's easy to forget until that card arrives. Then you set it "aside" and try to forget, but end up glancing at it once a day or more, thinking about the specs, mulling it over, day-dreaming.

Been there 8 times man. Trust, it'll be the longest two plus months of your life. (My ninth was in-stock and not special ordered.)

:love:

• Members

Oh yes, now that you've pulled the trigger, I should mention the rumors have been flying fast and furious that they've been SWAMPED with orders since the release of the DC700 and DC800 models, and they're currently at their longest wait times in almost a decade.

I feel I should laugh maniacally here.

• Members

Oh yes, now that you've pulled the trigger, I should mention the rumors have been flying fast and furious that they've been SWAMPED with orders since the release of the DC700 and DC800 models, and they're currently at their longest wait times in almost a decade.

I feel I should laugh maniacally here.

Mother{censored}er.......:poke:

Srsly it wouldn't have deterred me any. The wait is just gonna get worse from here on out...so whatever. I have an 8 string now. It will get me by.

• Members

BTW, don't forget to fill out your warranty card and send it in once it arrives. This is also known as your Carvin Cult Membership Registration Form.

:lol:

Honestly, I never cared what the wait was after the first one. First one I was SUPER impatient and ordered based on "fast build" time, which is two weeks for already finished bodies in stock but not built up. After that I knew it would be awesome so I just waited for whatever I wanted.

What 8 string you currently play? My current 8:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]343656[/ATTACH]

attachment.php?attachmentid=343656&d=133

Ordered at an EXTREME discount for a B-stocked fretboard. It has "streaks." They forgot to dye the ebony black. I hate dyed ebony, so it worked out.

• Members

attachment.php?attachmentid=343656&d=133

Ordered at an EXTREME discount for a B-stocked fretboard. It has "streaks." They forgot to dye the ebony black. I hate dyed ebony, so it worked out.

hhahaha Cult! Ive never been much of a club kinda guy but..I might make an exception.

Nice axe mate..how are those agiles? Im currently running an Omen8 that I basically stole and put some 808's in. Basically a Bolt-on Omen Elite sans the shiny paint job and gaudy as {censored} inlays ( mine are merely gaudy) It works good..I would like more tension on the 8th even with an .80 at drop E.

• Members

hhahaha Cult! Ive never been much of a club kinda guy but..I might make an exception.

Nice axe mate..how are those agiles? Im currently running an Omen8 that I basically stole and put some 808's in. Basically a Bolt-on Omen Elite sans the shiny paint job and gaudy as {censored} inlays ( mine are merely gaudy) It works good..I would like more tension on the 8th even with an .80 at drop E.

Carvin tends to create that cult mentality pretty easily when they're on-point.

I'm pretty happy with my Agiles. They're not custom shop quality, but they're serviceable. I had a Brice bass at one time too. The bass had {censored} electronics. The guitars have been fine. All of them needed some fret work, but I do that myself so don't much care about it. My other Agile currently was a junker AL-3100 my boss wanted to get rid of so I got it for $100 and have been slowly fixing it up.

I played a couple of the Omen 8s locally and found them to be pretty comparable feel wise to my V, aside from the body shape obviously.

When I was doing standard tunings I could get by at drop E with a .080 but probably would have liked a bit more tension too. My 8 is a 25.5 scale, which I've been told is utterly useless several times so :idk:. It works for me, but I'm bouncing around different tunings all the time yet. Currently in minor thirds starting on low B (B-D-F-G#-B-D-F-G#). Makes for some pretty crazy chord options. The symmetry low to high is cool too. And you're not gonna bash out power chords on this tuning for hours at a time, which is what I was trying to get myself away from.

• Members

Carvin tends to create that cult mentality pretty easily when they're on-point.

I'm pretty happy with my Agiles. They're not custom shop quality, but they're serviceable. I had a Brice bass at one time too. The bass had {censored} electronics. The guitars have been fine. All of them needed some fret work, but I do that myself so don't much care about it. My other Agile currently was a junker AL-3100 my boss wanted to get rid of so I got it for $100 and have been slowly fixing it up.

I played a couple of the Omen 8s locally and found them to be pretty comparable feel wise to my V, aside from the body shape obviously.

When I was doing standard tunings I could get by at drop E with a .080 but probably would have liked a bit more tension too. My 8 is a 25.5 scale, which I've been told is utterly useless several times so
:idk:
. It works for me, but I'm bouncing around different tunings all the time yet. Currently in minor thirds starting on low B (B-D-F-G#-B-D-F-G#). Makes for some pretty crazy chord options. The symmetry low to high is cool too. And you're not gonna bash out power chords on this tuning for hours at a time, which is what I was trying to get myself away from.

{censored} what people say. Run what you can. Ive seen some crazy tone come from "{censored}" gear....

My omen will be an awesome as a back up..until I get another carvin...DC800 FR? Assuming I like this one.

Min 3rds huh sounds interesting. I might have to try that maybe tune the Omen like that when the carvin comes in. I do lots of big voiced chords in my band...im the only guitar player so I have to fill a lot of sonic space. We fancy ourselves as progressive so...whatever :)

• Members

{censored} what people say. Run what you can. Ive seen some crazy tone come from "{censored}" gear....

My omen will be an awesome as a back up..until I get another carvin...DC800 FR? Assuming I like this one.

Min 3rds huh sounds interesting. I might have to try that maybe tune the Omen like that when the carvin comes in. I do lots of big voiced chords in my band...im the only guitar player so I have to fill a lot of sonic space. We fancy ourselves as progressive so...whatever
:)

Yeah, I'm wondering what Carvin will offer as a trem on 800s. Seems like companies either have to go Kahler or develop their own so far.

The minor thirds tuning thing is really throwing me for a loop. It's just so different from anything else I've ever tried. The chording really lends itself to sounding thick and fat under gain, though it's easy to go discordant. Sometimes that works, sometimes not.

Archived