This is just small slice of what's wrong with modern hardcore.

Tommy Horrible

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Marked 4 later with interest...
:thu:

Hey Tommy, guessing your around my age. Did you go to any of the hardcore shows at the ymca back in the early 90's in Canton? Or at the plastic credit card factory?

Just wondering..

Nah, I'm from Toledo, I only moved here about 9 years ago. I'm 34 now. Our shows were at frankies, wits end, and sharkies. I'm decently active in the Cleveland scene now though.

• Members

These are carbon copies of the screamo stuff that was all over the {censored}ty venue I worked sound at back in 2005. Same progressions, same outfits, same guitars.....although i'll give you the ginger on drums in the first vid, thats new. :lol:

Feed the Rhino was kinda cool though.

• Members

Yeah, not like those badasses who have a regular church gig
:o

lol...

I haven't done that in a while...

But... I never professed to be anything I wasn't. I was in a church that was getting homeless folks off drugs and back into society. That's pretty much all we did and that was pretty rewarding. Bringing the rock for those guys every Sunday was fine with me.

Most of these guys doing "hardcore" would piss themselves if they experienced half the {censored} I consider "hardcore" and probably run home to mommy.

If you want to be hardcore you kinda gotta earn it in my book. But then that's me.

• Members

What's wrong with hardcore in general is the pussies playing/singing it.

BOOM.

Totally agree with this. So much chest-beating pseudo tough guy bull {censored} going on these days. We get it dude, you've got a flat bill and a neck tattoo. That doesn't make you a hard ass.

• Members

What pisses me off about hardcore is all the assholes who have to sit back and say "this isnt hardcore" to everything. Who cares really. If its heavy call it whatever you want. Honestly the stuff that people call real hardcore is just as silly looking to me as crabcore. Just a bunch of former jocks trying to act tough.

• Members

Lol, so {censored}ing horrible. It did remind me of this gem from the 90's though. We were all so stoked for this to come out...then we all realized that DJ and Kris couldn't sing for {censored}...luckily Karl was still great back then...

[video=youtube;e0bqx2b8GFk]

• Members

Marked 4 later with interest...
:thu:

Hey Tommy, guessing your around my age. Did you go to any of the hardcore shows at the ymca back in the early 90's in Canton? Or at the plastic credit card factory?

Just wondering..

Lol, Canton, 90's...seem to remember you guys had a few Courage Crew {censored}s at the time that liked to come to Indy and start {censored}. lol, good times.

• Members

Speaking of eastern Europe:

[video=youtube;S_1pHYxAd6Q]

Don't know if this is considered "Hardcore" nowadays, but to me it sounds definitely more hardcore than most of these "screamo"-type bands...

:rawk:

Archived