Please help me dial in a metal sound on Mesa Boogie Rectoverb

Joeballz

• Members

I recently picked up a Mesa Boogie Rectoverb v2. I'm looking to get a Killswitch Engage/Parkway Drive type sound out of it or anything close to that genre. I'm also using a Maxon OD808. I'm trying to achieve this sound at a bedroom level if possible. If anyone can guide me with this please help me thanks.

• Members

country amp? this amp has a ton of gain i wouldnt call it country. honestly im just not good at tweaking amps yet. I was hoping someone could just help me out for now.

I was {censored}ing with you, bro. Bro.

Srsly, what Bryan said is pretty much right on. Boost it in vintage mode and crank the mids.

• Members

lol ok sorry than ive been getting alot of stupid responses from people lately in forums my bad. Neways i just got a Maxon OD808 today. My current settings for it are overdrive 7 tone 12 balance 5. It definitely made a huge difference. I dunno if you guys got any better settings for it.

• Members

lol ok sorry than ive been getting alot of stupid responses from people lately in forums my bad. Neways i just got a Maxon OD808 today. My current settings for it are overdrive 7 tone 12 balance 5. It definitely made a huge difference. I dunno if you guys got any better settings for it.

I would turn the overdrive way down and the vol all the way up. Play with the tone knob to taste. It works better as a clean boost hitting the front hard.

Edit: again, Bryan beat me to it. :lol:

And I hear he plays country now.

• Members

If anything I prefer the Rectoverb and Tremoverb to their counterparts, (Rectoverb-Single Rectifier, Tremoverb-Dual Rectifier). I find they have a little bit more character to their tone, if that makes any sense.

But yeah, don't second guess yourself, you got a great amp, just try some settings out and see what you like.

• Members

I always start with the tone controls at noon and then fine tune from there. The controls are all interactive so it makes it a little tricky. For instance the more treble you dial in the less an effect the mid and bass controls have. My settings vary wildly from one guitar to the next. My strat with a duncan hot rails gets nice and crunchy with the gain at 9-10 o'clock boosted but my LP I gotta turn it up to about noon to get the same saturation.

• Members

There's a whole lot of lore built up around the various Rectifier models and revisions. If you want the in depth story on it go over to the boogie forum. The skinny is that the most sought after ones are typically the old (rev F, G and older) two channel Dual rectifiers, as well as the Tremoverb (one of my favorites) and the Ractifier which is the rack mount version of the standard dual. The rectoverb is alot more like the old two channel duals tonally IMO than many of the other amps. The differences are pretty subtle but they're there. I had an old 2 channel dual I bought new in the mid 90's that was a killer amp. I also had a Road King. I think the RK was a better amp but it was also hugely complicated and really heavy.

If I could own one it'd be a Tremoverb but they're hard to find. My second choice at this point would be a Rectoverb.

• Members

Vintage mode, lots of mids, put the treble at 0 and use the presence to control your highs. Also keep the bass fairly low.

If you're boosting, gain shouldn't be past noon.
:wave::)

IMO those settings sound like shit at bedroom levels. Thats better for cutting through a mix.

Archived