getting the best "overdrive" sound with these two amps...

Duncan113

• Members

An Orange Tiny Terror and a Soldano Avenger 50W. Neither has a Send/Return, so I can't put an overdrive pedal there and over the power amp. I have to go in though the front, as it were, and use, let's say, my Fuzz Face. I am open to suggestions as to the best way to achieve a yummy lead tone given the lack of effects loops, and other pedals or gear I might to consider. Thanks.

• Members

So you just want a 'yummy' lead tone???

What does not having an fx loop have to do with that? Use a boost in front and call it a day.

The only problem with not having an fx loop is if you want to use time-based effects like delay.

Ah, I thought that by putting an overdrive pedal in the FX loop, you were able to bypass the pre-amp stage and directly overdrive the power amp.

R

• Members

If you want a good overdrive sound toss the orange in the bin and play the Soldano.

Yes, the overdrive is for the Soldano, the Orange is for clean sound. Now, Would the Fuzz Face be a good choice, with the Soldano, as opposed to, say, a Tube Screamer, which I have, or even my Butler tube pre-amp pedal. I'll try the all, just wondering what you lads thought.

Archived