Open letter to Hamer Guitars/FMIC: Please answer your emails

guitarbilly74

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Take the guitar to Home Depot......Chicks Man.
:thu::love:
:love:
:love:

If there ios to be any asschewing going on here...leave the math alone...and chew billy's ass for not just going to the hardware store.

Not Mega Depot...go to Ace or other local. :thu:

• Members

If there ios to be any asschewing going on here...leave the math alone...and chew billy's ass for not just going to the hardware store.

Not Mega Depot...go to Ace or other local.
:thu:

Yeah I guess I'm sorry for thinking that asking the company for the {censored}ing wrench size is more reasonable than going to a hardware store with a {censored}ing flying V and start trying different wrenches on it. I mean, that's the last resort, but it would be MUCH easier if they just answered the {censored}ing question.

• Members

Yeah I guess I'm sorry for thinking that asking the company for the {censored}ing wrench size is more reasonable than going to a hardware store with a {censored}ing flying V and start trying different wrenches on it. I mean, that's the last resort, but it would be MUCH easier if they just answered the {censored}ing question.

Calm down Billy sheesh. And see above.

• Members
I have a 30pc set of allen wrenches with metric and standard sizes. None of them fit
:(

Two words, son:

1) HAMMER

2) VICEGRIPS

PS: What you could do......use some sillyputty or modelling clay.....stick it into the trussrod hole...press it in.....pull it out...it should have the male mold of the truss head...which will allow you to: match it the {censored} up with your allen wrenches..or take it to a hardware/tool shop and match it up. If you have calipers you can measure it as well.

• Members

I called that number, they don't know it. They service the US made guitars only and told me to email customer service.

{censored}ing ridiculous.

Okay, sorry, I didn't see that you mentioned that.....so take the guitar down to Ace. No biggie, I've done it before. Beats this {censored}, doesn't it?

It sucks but I do suspect they are different divisions AND parts. You'd think one of those guys would have seen an import at some point. :rolleyes:

• Members
I called that number, they don't know it. They service the US made guitars only and told me to email customer service.

{censored}ing ridiculous.

Why don't you take it down to your local repair guy to get a set up & truss rod adjustment, and ask him :idea:

or

Take it to you local GC or SA and ask thier repair guy

• Members

Why don't you take it down to your local repair guy to get a set up & truss rod adjustment, and ask him
:idea:

or

Take it to you local GC or SA and ask thier repair guy

The last time I talked to a GC repair guy I taught him how to measure resistance on a cab :facepalm:

I do have a good repair shop locally here so that's an option. I am sure I'll get the answer eventually, one way or another, but Hamer could be a little more helpful.

• Members

I have a couple of things that require those wrenchs and nothing fit that I could find.

I ended up using a screw driver that sorta fit into the opening and twisting away.

As for all the math and the comprehension, THANK YOU for the best Friday afternoon laugh I've had in forever!

Derek

• Members

well {censored} me... they finally called me back. It's a 5.25mm hex wrench indeed. They will send me one gratis.

Maybe someone did read this {censored}ing thread? lol

LOL...but you are right....nearly two weeks later? Suckage!

Glad they made it right. 5.25mm? WTF?

Archived