Blackstar HT50?

t-rey

• Members

Does he use a boost?

Just wondering..I don't really care for the HT-20 bootz. And its basically the same amp..Just higher wattage right?

I own the HT5 and HT40, owned the HT20...played the HT60

Although they have similar voices, to me the 5, 20, 40 and 60 don't sound identical. Especially the 5 and 20. The 20 has more midrange and is probably the closest to a traditional Marshall. The 40 has a richer tone but doesn't have the HT5's big bottom that I love (no jokes please). The 60 seemed to be the best of all worlds...my disclaimer is that I only played it for 10 minutes or so at Samash.

• Members

I own the HT5 and HT40, owned the HT20...played the HT60

Although they have similar voices, to me the 5, 20, 40 and 60 don't sound identical. Especially the 5 and 20. The 20 has more midrange and is probably the closest to a traditional Marshall. The 40 has a richer tone but doesn't have the HT5's big bottom that I love (no jokes please). The 60 seemed to be the best of all worlds...my disclaimer is that I only played it for 10 minutes or so at Samash.

I was specifically refering to the HT-50 head. It is pretty much identical to the HT-20. Just 30 more watts. The 5 and 60 are def not identical (never tried the 40).

• Members

I was specifically refering to the HT-50 head. It is pretty much identical to the HT-20. Just 30 more watts. The 5 and 60 are def not identical (never tried the 40).

The 50 is the only only one I haven't tried. If it sounds like the 20, hard rock and hair metal should be its thing. I LOVED the overdrive on the 20...just didn't like the cleans.

• Members

The 50 is the only only one I haven't tried. If it sounds like the 20, hard rock and hair metal should be its thing. I LOVED the overdrive on the 20...just didn't like the cleans.

A buddy of mine just bought the 50 last week..I haven't got to hear it yet. We were talking about jamming together in the next few weeks..We play more extreme metal/coreish type stuff and I am just kinda worried that his HT 50 wont be able to hang with my XXX. I am considering taking my HT 20 along with me just in case the XXX blows the HT50 apart.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived