Wanna hear from people who use 2x12

Joeballz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a Marshall MF280B that only has 2x12's in it. The top 2 speaker holes are sealed up. Has 2 Eminence Delta 12 LF's in it. It's louder & bigger sounding than my Sourmash "1960 TB" (Like a Marshall 1960 TV, but straight instead of angled. 4 inches taller than a standard Marshall 1960 B cab.) loaded with 4 Mesa Black Shadows (Celestion MC-90's.). Not as bright, but that's the Delta 12 LF's (bass speakers)

• Members

Not sure if its been mentioned yet... but I use a Genz-Benz 212.. its as loud as a 412.. mainly because its ported. But I upgraded from a peavey 5150-412 cab.. which I thought was horrible. I was planning to get a 412 marshall cab and ended up with this.. for a large amount of reasons.. The guys in the band I was in at the time was like.. weird out.. until i played through it. Then they was like wow.

• Members

The one thing I don't like about 2x12's is - I have to have them way up off the floor.

I even have my 4x12's raised up off the floor.

I really don't get 2x12's on the floor - but it is probably the size of my itsy bitsy music more than anything.

• Members

I want either a Laney 2x12 with diagonal layout, or a Mesa Vertical 2x12 one of the older style cabs!

Yeah, I have a diagonal 2x12 and a horizontal 2x12 (see sig for pics), now all I need is a vertical 2x12 and my collection will be complete! :D

Would love an old Mesa half back 2x12 with the closed bottom and open top, or even one of the Peaveys or ADAs that periocially pop up cheap on ebay or CL.

• Members

Just saw mastadon, 7 full stacks for a fairly small venue. It's rock and roll people, overkill is part of the process and 100% awesome

s5zr82.jpg

:p

Not really a fan of 2x12's with V30's. But with the right speakers they can sound massive.

Archived