HCAF Climbers????

skinny mawkis

• Members

I climbed for a few years before I had some trouble with my joints that may or may not have been aggravated by climbing. I was more of a bouldering fiend, but never really got better than V2/V3-ish level. Belonged to an indoor gym where I would go once-twice a week to get a workout.

I miss climbing from time to time - I might actually give it a shot again sometime in the near future - since I'm doing my MBA at the U of MN, and they have a rock gym, I can get in there for free. :thu:

• Members

I climbed for a few years before I had some trouble with my joints that may or may not have been aggravated by climbing. I was more of a bouldering fiend, but never really got better than V2/V3-ish level. Belonged to an indoor gym where I would go once-twice a week to get a workout.

I miss climbing from time to time - I might actually give it a shot again sometime in the near future - since I'm doing my MBA at the U of MN, and they have a rock gym, I can get in there for free.
:thu:

I wish my university had a climbing wall(s) :(

You should go for it though man. V2/V3 is where the climbs go from hard but satisfying to just plain retarded hard (like V5 and higher, especially outside), so that's a good level to climb at IMO.

• Members

I wish my university had a climbing wall(s)
:(

You should go for it though man. V2/V3 is where the climbs go from hard but satisfying to just plain retarded hard (like V5 and higher, especially outside), so that's a good level to climb at IMO.

I had a friend who could basically work a V4 in 2 or 3 tries - it was so disheartening to see him just fly around the wall. He also only weighed like 150 lbs, so that helped his cause....

• Members

I had a friend who could basically work a V4 in 2 or 3 tries - it was so disheartening to see him just fly around the wall. He also only weighed like 150 lbs, so that helped his cause....

Try having a GF (now ex) who can flash V5's. I have been demoralized by a 100 lbs girl :lol:

My excuse has always been that I am 6'3" and over 200 lbs though.... not exactly a climbers body.

Archived