anybody know the ratio of tiltback legs for a fender?

newholland

• Members

got a friend with a fender amp (forget which-- a red knobber) who wants to put tiltbacks on it. any idea what the leg size to cabinet height works out to be to make it as stable as possible, or is it gonna be a guessing game?

thanks if'n you know and are talking.

• Members
got a friend with a
fender amp (forget which-- a red knobber)
who wants to put tiltbacks on it. any idea what the leg size to cabinet height works out to be to make it as stable as possible, or is it gonna be a guessing game?

thanks if'n you know and are talking.

Is it a Fender evil twin? If so, I'd assume that it's the same size as a regular twin, so I'd just model the legs off of that. Fender's website claims that they are 19 inches. And they look like dis.

fender-twin-reverb.jpg

• Members

Well, after a brief look at teh ole Fender website, all of their tiltback amps have the same 19" legs. I'm assuming that you could move the actual placement of the leg and that little "retainer" deal to wherever it needed to be to get you to somewhere around 45 degrees.

• Members

thanks prophus & everybody--

they actually make 4 different sizes of tiltbacks! i gotta take a look at the amp in question and give it a figure-- it looks like the tilt screw sits about 3/4 of the way up-- so i'll haveta make a best guess, and see how the thing rests.

• Members

Well, it's a 19" leg mounted 1 1/2" from the top of the amp, in the center of the amp side. Does that answer your question? Not sure what you mean by "ratio"
:confused:

oh-- well.. basically what i meant was leg length to height ratio, since there's 4 sizes-- i wonder which go to what. i'd 'spect the 14"ers go to champs, and on up to 19s for concerts and the like. i wondered which go to which heights-- and also in general-- the pitch it sets the amp at. never had a set, nor an amp with them-- but i've seen 'em a few times.

i just haveta measure- and i'm asking before i really have all the info on amp height. cart before the horse a lil bit.:D

Archived