I wrote an entire song last night...

OverDriven

• Members

I find songs either come to me all in a rush OR it takes me six months of back and forth, massaging, moving parts around, changing riffs, changing lyrics, blah blah blah to finish. The ones that come to me all in a rush tend to be better. Or maybe I just like them more because by the time one of the bitchy ones is finished I've "heard" it ten bazillion times in different forms and have lost my taste for it.

• Members

I find songs either come to me all in a rush OR it takes me six months of back and forth, massaging, moving parts around, changing riffs, changing lyrics, blah blah blah to finish. The ones that come to me all in a rush tend to be better. Or maybe I just like them more because by the time one of the bitchy ones is finished I've "heard" it ten bazillion times in different forms and have lost my taste for it.

Either Robert Plant or Jimmy Page used to say that songs already exist, we are just antennas picking them up from the ether (or something to that effect). It's weird, but I can see their point. The good ones come quickly, and thinking, analyzing or bringing your brain too far into it seems to only get in the way.

• Members

Either Robert Plant or Jimmy Page used to say that songs already exist, we are just antennas picking them up from the ether (or something to that effect). It's weird, but I can see their point. The good ones come quickly, and thinking, analyzing or bringing your brain too far into it seems to only get in the way.

Yeah I agree with this. A lot of times my best {censored} comes when I first pick up the guitar. After that I digress into lookatmelookatme's all over the neck.

Archived