Sell Laney VH100R for a H&K Triamp mk2? Should I?

lenster

• Members

The Laney will be thicker on the bottom and low mids. The HK will have a more explosive top end and high mids. Which do you prefer/need?

Yeah good call , I've always dialled in bassier tones on all my amps, not a fan of too much top end.

Surely the Triamp can get thick n juicy.

I play all types of music from modern country to hard rock. More bluesy rock than anything.

• Members

I've used the Laney before at gigs (one soundguy in my area uses them as backline:thu:), and I think they're really good. More of a modern metal sound???

I have a Triamp MKII, and I'll definitely take the Triamp. The lower mids are a little thicker on the Laney, but the H&K cuts through the mix perfectly (it eats my other guitar player's Recto). I use a Mesa Recto 2x12 or my Red Bear 4x12, and it gets thick enough. Plus, the H&K feels more alive...more dynamic and bouncy to me.

• Members

Yeah, very happy with the Laney , though i have been looking at others for a while now , think i'm due for a change.

Just waiting on the right deal.

3 amps i'm looking at are obviously the Triamp2, Bogner Shiver and waiting to play a Laney Lionheart 50 watter when it hits the stores.

Still think the Triamp will kill all that gas though.

• Members

Never played the triamp2 before but heard great things. I realized that i like amps with low mids. I would suggest a mesa DR or TR. They really sound great when you crank it up with a band. I've had the Shiva recently and it was a great amp but it's more in the mids to high mids. I can't say that it's better than the VH100R...just different IMO. I finally cured my quest for tone after getting the Mark V. That amp is sick! It's exactly what I wanted in an amp for whatever the Laney and rectifier lacked. The Mark V has it! Not to say I wouldn't be happy with either the VH or recto. I would still be happy with either of them. The Mark V is just the topping of it all....but you have to crank it up in order to really hear just how good it sounds as with the VH100R or any great amp! I would also look into the L50H... i wouldn't pay that price though.

Archived