OT: So, is Metta World Peace going to be forced to change his name?

Abouttreefitty

• Members

Are you guys {censored}ing high? Get the {censored} over it, it's a highly competitive professional sport. Physicality is inherently involved.

YES I agree that what Artest did was over the top and has no place in basketball, but these "jail" comments are {censored}ing stupid. What would you say to a linebacker who delivers a career ending hit to a quarterback? "You're going to jail"? Give me a {censored}ing break.

FWIW Hardin walked off the court easily, and no blood was drawn. No Lakers fan here, merely adding some objectivity to the thread.

you are kidding i hope?? what was the first thing Kevin Durant said when they asked him about the situation?? "It wasnt a basketball play." its one thing to get hurt when guys are going all out on the court or field playing the game, what Artest did would be equivalent to spearing a quarterbacks knees as hes walking back to the huddle after the play was done. ill be objective and say this might be the most ridiculous post of the year so for

• Members

It's not the incident in and of itself. He previously assaulted someone in the audience.

Yea, 10 years ago. Most people don't get 10+ years for assault.

This elbow was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in basketball though. Part of me was laughing at how ridiculous it was. Could he really be that dumb?

• Members

This elbow was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in basketball though. Part of me was laughing at how ridiculous it was.
Could he really be that dumb?

Its Ron Artest. Yes, he really could be. :lol:

• Members

This elbow was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in basketball though. Part of me was laughing at how ridiculous it was. Could he really be that dumb?

Same boat. I was just baffled. There was no reason for him to do that.

• Members

you are kidding i hope?? what was the first thing Kevin Durant said when they asked him about the situation?? "It wasnt a basketball play." its one thing to get hurt when guys are going all out on the court or field playing the game, what Artest did would be equivalent to spearing a quarterbacks knees as hes walking back to the huddle after the play was done. ill be objective and say this might be the most ridiculous post of the year so for

this, wtf :facepalm:

• Members

Are you guys {censored}ing high? Get the {censored} over it, it's a highly competitive professional sport. Physicality is inherently involved.

YES I agree that what Artest did was over the top and has no place in basketball, but these "jail" comments are {censored}ing stupid. What would you say to a linebacker who delivers a career ending hit to a quarterback? "You're going to jail"? Give me a {censored}ing break.

FWIW Hardin walked off the court easily, and no blood was drawn. No Lakers fan here, merely adding some objectivity to the thread.

Zehn, I like you, but you have no clue what you're talking about.

The play was over and he elbowed a guy in the head, intentionally. Causing a concussion.

Do that at work and let me know what happens. Call me from jail.

• Members

:love: Love you guys. Comment was half tongue-in-cheek.

Artest is a thug and a loser, not sure why the Lakers haven't dumped him off yet successfully. I think he was retaliating against Hardin because in the play before, Hardin fouled him and got away with it.

Of course, being the goon that he is, he came back at him the only way he knows how. Like a douche.

Fortunately the league will rape him hard, maybe even preventing him from playing in the Playoffs at all. Id kind of like to see that.

Normally I couldn't give two {censored}s about the Lakers OR the NBA in general. I'm in LA for a while and attended the game so I figured I'd weigh in (and rouse some feathers). Honestly, people never talk about the NBA so heatedly, so adding some coal to the fire is fun. NBA needs some controversy.

tl;dr: Artest is a goon and will get what he deserves.

• Members

You ever hear of Kermit Washington?

• Members

Could he have made it more OBVIOUS. "I'm sorry, I didn't see the guy standing right next to me that I was actually rubbing up against when I thru my full force unintentional elbow to his head".:lol: The guys a idiot and has had more than enough chances. The NBA needs to suspend him indefinitely before he completely loses it one day and seriously hurts someone, fan or player.

• Members

I actually wish this was a remotely accurate comparison because Basketball would be a helluva lot more fun to watch if tackling the ball carrier was the main object of the defense. :lol:

Archived