from the yahoodan news room: zr1? pwnt. viper SRT? pwnt.

knucklefux

• Members

Even in a straight line it would probably get wrecked by the zr1 or the new Viper. It's called weight, and the Stangs, especially the Gt500 have far more of it than their counterparts. Almost 4,000 pound curb weight compared with 3,350 for the Vette and around 3,300 for the new Viper you're gonna need more than 20 or so horsepower to outrun any of the aforementioned cars.

Not to mention they are pretty much butt ugly.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Is this the one that needs a donor car and will cost $150,000+
:lol:
I get confused with all the " Shelby " cars.

If its around 50k that's really not bad.

You mean the older ones?

There's a company that builds something called a super snake, and that's a ground up recreation...

• Members

Even in a straight line it would probably get wrecked by the zr1 or the new Viper. It's called weight, and the Stangs, especially the Gt500 have far more of it than their counterparts. Almost 4,000 pound curb weight compared with 3,350 for the Vette and around 3,300 for the new Viper you're gonna need more than 20 or so horsepower to outrun any of the aforementioned cars.

Don't the vette and the viper both cost way more? Comparing apples to oranges imo.

• Members

Don't the vette and the viper both cost way more? Comparing apples to oranges imo.

At the moment they might but with the specs this ford is touting I doubt it will be significantly cheaper. I highly doubt those mpg numbers, also I would bet the reliability of that engine is going to be suspect.

• Members

Yeah , it's really not fair to put it against sports cars.

What other muscle cars have over 500 hp ?

:) It doesn't matter at all to you that the zr 1 costs double the money? I could buy two mustangs, and stack them together and get 1000 hp! HP is the only thing that matters!!!!

• Members

For the record, a good rule of thumb is for every 100 pounds of weight, take off .1 second in the quarter mile.

But yes, you're correct :thu:

Archived