COD: Black Ops 2 announced

StankNasty

• Members

I know! But I swear the computer AI uses an aimbot.

It does. Hence why it's a freaking nightmare on veteran. :freak:

Anyways, I enjoyed Black Ops the most out of any CoD since CoD4. Didn't get MW3 because I hated MW2. I might buy this if it's good, but I'm waiting until after launch day to decide.

• Members

i play campaigns. and the ones in COD pwn. {censored} the haters.

COD Campaign modes are {censored}ing epic, & the movie references within are awesome

Yes the BO AI on Veteran is insane. :lol:

What gets me is when a bot walks thru a door & gets a headshot before I can even aim, or kills me with an SMG from across the map when there are only like 2 pixels of me visible in the killcam. It definitely helped me figure what parts of the map I'm defilade to in those positions, though.

• Members

movie references? splain please.

Black Ops references: Forrest Gump (chopper landing in Vietnam to CCR's "Fortunate Son"), Apocalypse Now (riverine sequence), Terminator 2 (bike escape from Vorkuta with shotguns)

MW2: Red Dawn (Wolverines), The Rock (Gulag shower room), etc

There are more, but I can't think of them right now.

• Members

Here's my beef.

beef_cow_4.gif

Now then. Treyarch is good at only one thing: riding the coat tails of Infinity Ward. Now that IW isn't around anymore (insofar as the people that made IW games great are gone), Treyarch seems to be running wild with even more steps backward in the graphics department, with even more fragmented bits of unorganized, complicated, and forgettable storytelling, and with even more flogging of the dead horse.

Seriously, every COD game IW made was great. Graphics were up to snuff, gameplay was great, plotlines were solid. Then Treyarch would put out a COD game and it would be absolute {censored}, played and, to a much lesser degree, loved by two types of people: relentless COD fanboys, and people just wanting to play new maps with a familiar platform. Whenever Treyarch puts out a COD game, they seem to somehow take the same game and graphics engine that IW used and somehow create a game with worse graphics, and {censored}ty gameplay. Treyarch's maps look and feel as though someone at Treyarch just took a handful of darts (each representing a different map element - trees, building, etc), threw it at a piece of grid paper, and said "boom, there's your map." Or else their maps were drawn up by a 3 year old's doodling.

BLOPSII looks exactly par for the course. Confusing and forgettable storyline that's trying so SO hard to be a Michael Bay film, outdated graphics, too much reliance and effort put into cut scenes and not engaging gameplay. Honestly, look at how tight the commentary cut scenes (with the old man) are....then compare it to the shots of gameplay footage.

I played BLOPS. I played W@W. I wish I hadn't in both instances.

• Members

longest duncan post evar

I'm glad I could get you open up like that

now just to get you to give up the butthole

Hahaha oh I've gone on rants before. I generally don't like typing that much. Reminds me too much of my undergrad, typing 10,000 word Literary Theory papers... :facepalm:

• Members

Hahaha oh I've gone on rants before. I generally don't like typing that much. Reminds me too much of my undergrad, typing 10,000 word Literary Theory papers...
:facepalm:

lol, one business prof (Strategic MGMT ftl) made us do 20 pagers on a regular basis

pretty sure it was to make us better bull{censored}ters

• Members

i agree w duncan about treyarch though.

and i still dont understand how all that dual franchise crap happened. its like if the star wars films were released by george lucas, and post-1990 george lucas alternatively, since the beginning.

• Members

It's already been said but the thing that pissed me off about these games is that they've barely moved forward graphically.

The moving, looking and aiming looks so dumb and unnatural in all COD games. It's seriously cheesey as {censored}. Crysis 2 multiplayer could have been a COD killer if the maps didn't suck because it was the same thing but looked 10 times better and actually looked like a first person view of a dude holding a gun. They could completely invigorate the series with a new engine that looks better and them go back to MW1 in some aspects of gameplay.

• Members

COD is mindless fun.

That. Wanna know why I play COD, Battlefield, Halo, etc. etc.? Not for the campaigns, for the multiplayer. If I wanna run around and shoot some people, I fire up one of these games. Of all the games I've ever paid for, COD series had the least engaging story.

• Members

It's already been said but the thing that pissed me off about these games is that they've barely moved forward graphically.

The moving, looking and aiming looks so dumb and unnatural in all COD games. It's seriously cheesey as {censored}. Crysis 2 multiplayer could have been a COD killer if the maps didn't suck because it was the same thing but looked 10 times better and actually looked like a first person view of a dude holding a gun. They could completely invigorate the series with a new engine that looks better and them go back to MW1 in some aspects of gameplay.

i do wish they would fix this.

• Members

Black Ops had the best story of any CoD. WaW has the best multiplayer. Although I did like 'combat training' on blackops because it was like playing online multiplayer without all the annoying people
:lol:

Hell yeah. WaW was the best ever. I miss the WWII guns. Too bad they won't do a WaW 2.

• Members

MW1 was fun, MW2 was fantastic, black ops sucked {censored}ing hard, MW3 sucked {censored}ing hard because it was black ops reskinned but I bought it anyway to give it a shot.

Treyarch sucks at making games, and now IW has let the fame get to their heads and cant be {censored}tered to make a decent game. If they're fine with simply reskinning a platform and releasing it, then I'm fine with not buying any of their products. They are officially a {censored} company, and the commercials speak for themselves. They do not highlight any sort of gameplay advacements or additions, but simply gloat that they were the makers of MW2 - the highest selling FPS of all time - and that's enough incentive to purchase MW3. Rubbish. Tiny maps, not to mention they are shared between Special OP's wave mode and Multiplayer. Weak.

Battlefield 3 kicks the {censored} out of MW3 or black ops. I used to be a total fanboy of IW and Modern Warfare, as prior to BF3, MW2 was my favourite FPS EVER. MW3 is nothing more than some {censored}ty twitch shooter that any lazy coder could have done in a weekend. At least in BF3 if some douchebag is camping out in an unfair location I can land a jet on his nose, bitch please.

/rant over.

• Members

I'll probably get Black Ops 2, but only because I thoroughly enjoyed the first one. Modern Warfare 3's multiplayer sucked. At least to me it did.

It just seems like the Modern Warfare series is heading in the same direction, but the Black Ops games are branching out into new territory. A lot of people don't like this change, but I do. Treyarch's innovation will keep me coming back for new games.

For the record, Battlefield > Call of Duty.

Archived