amp guts

fretless

• Members

n00b question: I thought "smaller" builders like say Splawn, Mako, Peters etc didn't like having there guts shown on forums? I was under the impression it was an unwritten "no-no". I have always resisted posting my Splawn because I heard the man himself would be none too pleased if that happened.

• Members

n00b question: I thought "smaller" builders like say Splawn, Mako, Peters etc didn't like having there guts shown on forums? I was under the impression it was an unwritten "no-no". I have always resisted posting my Splawn because I heard the man himself would be none too pleased if that happened.

it's not like a detailed schematic or a how to build a particular amp....so who gives a {censored} if anything people get to see the awsome build quality of these amps and end up buying one

• Members

Not alot's been done that's new under the sun amp wise. Some folks have this crazy idea (dumble) that they're the second coming or something and goop up their {censored}. Most builders don't goop but they also don't want people tracing their circuits and posting diagrams. Showing amp guts doesn't tell someone anything about a circuit because you can't see values from a gutshot.

• Members

Not alot's been done that's new under the sun amp wise. Some folks have this crazy idea (dumble) that they're the second coming or something and goop up their shit. Most builders don't goop but they also don't want people tracing their circuits and posting diagrams. Showing amp guts doesn't tell someone anything about a circuit because you can't see values from a gutshot.

Right on. I was curious so I had to ask. :thu:

• Members

Well excuuuuuuse me from the previous pic it
looked
like they were pcb mounted fucking asshole.
:wave:

No, they don't look pcb mounted. So need for the attitude.

Anyways:

Kustom Defender 5h:

427023_10150514246812493_502687492_91591

Blackstar HT-5:

422348_10150514269932493_502687492_91592

Crate Blue Voodoo: (Main PCB, not really guts)

396679_10150514269802493_502687492_91592

Mesa/Boogie Recto-Verb:

323656_10150514244737493_502687492_91591

Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifier:

410952_10150514242262493_502687492_91591

• Members

Does the titan use a SLOClone board? I didn't know that...Interesting...

IIRC Zach started using that board on his early amps. It's a super high quality board. I've got one on my desk waiting to be built.

• Members

IIRC Zach started using that board on his early amps. It's a super high quality board. I've got one on my desk waiting to be built.

I have 2 sets of them I ordered years ago, that's the only reason I recognized it :lol:

They are very nice boards, and would be easy to make modifications on.

• Members

I have 2 sets of them I ordered years ago, that's the only reason I recognized it
:lol:

They are very nice boards, and would be easy to make modifications on.

so the fact that is has SLOCLONE printed right on it in large white lettering wasn't a factor????

Archived