Corrosion (COC)

Cap'n Ahole

• Members

I like the riffing on the new album a lot, but Mike Dean's vocals are hard to take. Vocal-wise, sounds like this stuff was unearthed from a should-have-been-left-alone-vault from the 80's. The trashy reverb on some of the songs kill me.

PJK is a great vocalist. I had the opportunity to meet him and the dude was quite possibly the biggest douche I've ever met. That's another thread entirely though.

BLIND is my all time COC favorite. Pure aggression and anger the whole way through. And thick as cream butter sonically. ,,/

• Members

COC- Live Volume is great as well. (And with Jimmy Bower on teh drums). Woulda LOVED to heard 13 Angels played all the way through, but cutting it with 7 days was still tough as sh*t.

Ive got some bootleg live stuff, but the sound quality is meh.

I have the DVD of that.

Jimmie Bower absolutely slays on that whole DVD.......

• Members

I have the DVD of that.

Jimmie Bower absolutely slays on that whole DVD.......

riYeah. I'm glad he stepped in for that. I wish they'd used Jimmy on ITOG. One of my favorite drummers. (and a SUPER cool guy to boot). A bit of John Henry Bonham, with some Bill Ward, and a touch of Mitch Mitchell :thu:

• Members

PJK is a great vocalist. I had the opportunity to meet him and the dude was quite possibly the biggest douche I've ever met. That's another thread entirely though.

Do share?? I've always thought he was kinda a douche to his fans. He didn't seem very happy on the last CoC tour. COC album sales fell dramatically since wiseblood, and were really bad on ITAOG (great album though) so he jumped ship to Down. The guy's all about money. Same with Jerry Cantrell, big money hungry douche.

Kirk Windstein of Crowbar and Down is one of the coolest dudes you'll ever meet though... he's great to the fans... doesn't matter how many are out in the crowd ,or buy his cd's, he gives it his all every gig, and takes the time to socialize too.

• Members

I like the riffing on the new album a lot, but Mike Dean's vocals are hard to take. Vocal-wise, sounds like this stuff was unearthed from a should-have-been-left-alone-vault from the 80's. The trashy reverb on some of the songs kill me.

PJK is a great vocalist.
I had the opportunity to meet him and the dude was quite possibly the biggest douche I've ever met
. That's another thread entirely though.

BLIND is my all time COC favorite. Pure aggression and anger the whole way through. And thick as cream butter sonically. ,,/

I can definitely see how some folks may think that. Hes not a real chatty/personable guy. Mike , Reed and Woodrow are exactly the opposite. Those guys will sit and drink beer with you all night if they can. Same goes for all the guys in Down , including Phil. Out of everyone in Down and COC , Pep definitely gives off the impression of having the biggest ego.

Archived